The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Movado Datron El Primero 31 jewels Reverse Panda Chrono

For sale from my personal collection is this lovely late sixties/early seventies Movado Datron HS 360 with the legendary Zenith El Primero 3019 PHC movement.
The watch is in excellent condition, the amazing case is unpolished, the brushing on top has been preserved perfectly, it has still got those lovely sharp polished bevelled edges and a nicely domed acrylic crystal.

Founded in 1881 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, Movado (Esparanto for continuous movement) are primarily known for producing quality dress watches,
This watch in this post is from an interesting period in the company’s history, the late 1960s/early 1970s, when the company was owned by the Mondia-Zenith-Movado holding company.
Being part of this union allowed Movado access to Zeniths now legendary cal. 3019PHC El Primero calibre which is found inside the watch in this post, the only difference being that Movado engraved their own name and logo on the winding rotor.
Arguably the first automatic chronograph calibre, the El Primero was first introduced in 1969 and was used in a number of models for each company, some identical models were branded either Movado or Zenith,
and some were unique to each brand. In terms of collectability, the Zenith models seem to be more desirable these days and command a premium, but the Movado models certainly shouldn’t be overlooked.
The HS360 was exclusively a Movado range and there were several different models, the watch in this post being one of the most popular.
The early models were branded Datachron HS360, though the name was shortened to Datron later in the production run.

The classic reverse panda dial has got three recessed subcompaxes with tin can rings, lovely white tachymeter rings and is in brilliant condition for a watch of this age.
The unpolished case is 37mm but due to its shape it wears larger than the numbers suggest, the lug to lug length is 42.6mm.
The watch still has got its original crown with the Movado “M” logo.

Inside ticks the venerable cal. 3019PHC El Primero calibre, an automatic movement which runs fine for a watch fifty years old.
The movement is the European 31 jewel version, not the cheaper and less durable 17 jewel US version!

The watch comes on a brand new period correct leather rally strap.

Since my collection has gotten too large again it is time to make some choices, so this rare bird may leave.

2195 EURO

Excluding shipping.

If you have any question regarding the watch or its price please send me a DM and I will answer as soon as possible.

Diameter without crown: 37mm but wears larger due to the cushion shaped case
Diameter with crown: 40mm
Length: 42.6mm
Thickness: Total 12.3mm consisting of a 2.2mm domed acrylic crystal and a 10.2mm case
Caliber: Movado 3019 PHC (Zenith El Primero) Automatic
Lug Width: 18mm

I am located in The Netherlands and I ship worldwide.
I am a collector who sometimes has to sell a watch from his collection so that is does not get too large, therefor I am a private seller, I am a regular at Chronocentric, Uhrforum, WUS and the Dutch horlogeforum, there is plenty feedback obtainable.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Movado Datron El Primero 31 jewels Reverse Panda Chrono
Re Sold Movado Datron El Primero 31 jewels
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE