The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: FANTASTIC HEUER EARLY AUTAVIA 1163MH, MARK3 "DEREK BELL"

Hi,
I am selling another stunning Heuer Autavia 1163, Mark3, also called the "Derek Bell".
The watch has all the original parts.
Please note that the model number between the lugs is "1163" and not "1163V" since this is not a Viceroy but an early Autavia 1163.
You will see that the watch has the steel polished hour markers, polished steel hands with black inserts and the hour recorder has the numbers 3,6,9, and 12 indicating an early dial variation.
You can read more on the different Autavia 1163 black dials here: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/serial-numbers-of-viceroy-autavias/
And here: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/field-guide-to-the-heuer-autavia-reference-1163-black-dial/

Automatic screw-back case with the brushed finish on top and the polished sides in absolute mint condition.
This is an Abel Court watch I bought from him exactly one year ago. He did a case refurbishment on this watch, so it's perfect as the pictures show very well.
Both serial and model number ( 1163 ) are clearly visible between the lugs.

The dial is really nice, subdials in great condition and still pretty white.
Correct hands for this model. Dial and hands have been relumed by Abel in a super nice creamy colour.
The red accents are still very bright.

Original MH bezel that is very good condition. It has some minor scratches that show very well in my pictures but that are hardly visible in real.
Original plexi glass, crown and pushers. All in excellent condition.

Mechanically this watch is in absolute perfect condition. Completely serviced by Abel Court. So no worries for many many years.
Pushers super clean and making that crisp sound when starting, stopping and resetting the chrono. Chrono hand resets perfectly at 12 o'clock.
The watch is powered by the legendary Calibre 11 automatic movement and is signed on the bridge.

Model: Heuer Autavia 1163, Mark3
Serial number: 143xxx ( correct serial for this model )
Movement: Heuer caliber 11

I am aware of the fact that this early Autavia 1163MH is still flying under the radar. Many collectors still don't understand the fact that this watch is much rarer
than the 1163 "Viceroy". Much less were produced and in fact it's a completely different watch. Different movement, different hands, different hour recorder, much lower serial number, different ref. engraving, etc...
So despite all that I am taking into account it's less popular than the Siffert white dial version when pricing this fabulous watch. Though I really believe this reference holds a lot of upwards potential for the future.

Price:
Option 1: watch "head only": 4700 euro ( including insured shipping )
Option 2: watch with brown rally strap from the pics: 4750 euro ( including insured shipping )
Option 3: watch with an original NOS black corfam: 5.050 euros ( including insured shipping )

( I am giving a full refund in case of any problem or should the watch no be as described )

Kind regards,
Bernard De Vos

Messages In This Thread

FS: FANTASTIC HEUER EARLY AUTAVIA 1163MH, MARK3 "DEREK BELL"
SOLD *NM*
Impeccable looking watch!
Re: FS: FANTASTIC HEUER EARLY AUTAVIA 1163MH, MARK3 "DEREK B
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE