The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: vintage Omega Seamaster chronograph 176.005

Hello all,

For sale I have this vintage Omega Seamaster chrono ref. 176.005. Please do not call it the Jedi or the Flat Jedi as it is not. We all know the one and only Jedi is the 145.0024, named by the late and great Chuck Maddox. This however is a great piece from the early 70's (serial number dates it to 1972). The watch is in great condition for its age, it keeps time and the chronograph works as it should. The caliber is the Lemania 1340 based Omega 1040.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

The case obviously has some wear as you'd expect from a gold plated watch but i's only mostly visible on the edges. The dial, hands and bezel are all in wonderful condition. The case back had an inscription which somebody tried to remove it seems. A watchmaker with a lapping machine cane reinstate it in no time however. Crystal has some very minor surface scratches nothing too major in my opinion, not visible to the naked eye.

[/URL]

The truly great thing about this watch is that the original bracelet as well its warranty booklet (not filled out) is present with it. You can find these watches on eBay head only, rarely do you see them with the bracelet. Omega produced 2 types of bracelets for this watch as far as we know; the 1171-type with 3 round links (as you see in the picture in the book) and this type with the wide flat links. The same bracelet can be seen on this catalog image from Steve Waddington's great site:

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

As you can see the top of the bottom pusher's plating is faded. The watch is on a big hole vintage rubber diving strap now with original gold Omega buckle, the gold bracelet will also be included of course.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

I would like to get €1,500 PayPaled as gift or BT to me please. I'm happy to listen to sensible offers or trades against other vintage Omega chronographs.

[/URL]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE