The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Steel Tudor Prince Oysterdate w/ Boxes

Hi all,

For sale is a lovely 1990ish Tudor Prince Oysterdate that I purchased a couple years ago from the original owner. I've worn and loved this watch for some time now, and recently bought a similar watch and the time has come to make room for more things to come.

Here is a link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/J6YSn

Case: Unpolished 34mm stainless steel "oyster" case in great condition. The smooth bezel is a rare component of the watch that is rather hard to find. There are two scratches on the caseback, but overall the case is in excellent shape. Totally unpolished and original.

Dial: Best part of the watch in my opinion. Sunburst dial in original, excellent condition with no spots or blemishes. The print is crisp and 100% intact. The original lume is present and actually still glows a little. Two index lume plots are no longer present. The hands are original and glow as well. This watch has never been refinished or relumed.

Movement: I have not been able to open the back of the watch, nor I have I tried, so unfortunately I cannot show pictures. However, its guaranteed original. It has been oiled and timed and gains only about 2 seconds per 24 hours.

Bracelet: The original bracelet has some scratches and scuffs from daily wear. It, too is unpolished. The scratches would easily polish out but I have chosen not to do so because I prefer the original brushed look of the steel and like to keep things untouched. To my knowledge all the links are there.

Boxes: The watch comes with both its original inner and outer boxes, even with the velvet covering--a nice touch.

Overall, this is a beautiful watch that will wear with anything and definitely be a great addition to any collection. I have good feedback on eBay (tepps6) and have made several transactions with dealers on forums if you need references.

Price: At this point in time, I have the watch priced at $1500 plus shipping.

Feel free to reach me with any questions or inquiries at (606) 499-1369. My email is also tneppe02@louisville.edu (it is a school email, as I am a student. I promise it's real).

Thanks CT for the space!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE