The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Autavia 2446 lume hands // the holy grail

Dear Members,

i just released something very special on my site www.rarebirds.de a few minutes ago,
and don´t want to miss to post it also here on chronotrader where a watch like this belongs to, and where they have once been changed under their owners at 4 or 5k.

For sure these times have past for a while and today you could also buy a Rolex Paul Newman instead of a 1.exec Autavia and choose under 50 examples on the free market.
But honestly, what a boring thing for Heuer collectors ;)

So here is a once in a lifetime chance to get one of the best and most honest real 1.execution Autavias,
and it will be for sure the only one on the worldmarket.

This is not an auction or a "waiting for highest bid"-race. The watch has a fixed price and will be sold to the first collector who is willing to pay it.
This is happening in agreement with the original owner and he is more than right with that if you ask me.

So here are some photos and the description i also used on my website.
Enjoy the show dear aficiondaos! ;)

Yours, Andee

description from rarebirds.de:

Here it is: the ultimate vintagewatch collectors grail. The very first execution of the Heuer Autavia 2446, the „Big Subs“ with fulllume-hands. Only 6-8 pieces are known so far. Anyone who will be interested in this watch is an expert on it anyways, so a description could easily be replaced by these highresolution images (more on request).

The most important facts are, this watch is absolutely authentic in every single part, has an unpolished case, fully authentic radiumlume on dial, hands and triangle with outstanding ambercoloured patina. Just like it came out of the factory. Not even watchmaker-signs can be found engraved in the caseback.

It has never been offered for sale on the open market and is yet not listed in important registries like the one from OnTheDash.com . What you will find in this registry is even more astounding. The serial of this watch (492xx) is only four numbers away from the personal watch of Jeff Stein, the movement-serial is even only one number away. So this means that we have a high chance to have found two watches that may have been produced on the same day by the same watchmaker. And what I love most on that fact is, that the patina on diallume, hands and even the tropical brown-fadet bezel are absolutely comparable to each other. That is pure magic for every true vintagewatch-connaisseur.

The allover condition of this piece is absolutely awesome and stands for it´s own in comparision to other 1.execution examples that have been on the market in the past years. The pricedevelopment of this refference has been breathtaking if you look back some years, but most experts look more into the future and don´t expect this development has allready reached it´s peak yet.

The Autavia will be shipped worldwide, as usual with insurance on full salesamount. This watch has a fixed price and the sale won´t work like an auction, which means first come first serve.

Please drop me an email to hello@rarebirds.de to inquire the price!

Messages In This Thread

FS: Autavia 2446 lume hands // the holy grail
on hold
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE