The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Enicar Valjoux 72 - Orange sweeping second hand

Greetings from Denmark

As one of my old grails turned up I unfortunately have to sell my triple register reverse panda Enicar 2342. I believe 2 versions were made (one with orange subdial hand and black/orange tachy and the one I have with 3 black sundial hands and black/white tachy) and this is the first production series. Please correct me if I am completely off. I believe it was produced in the late 60's or early 70's.

CASE
App. 38mm with normal signs of use. The original sunburst finish is still visible. Back case has scratches from opening but inscriptions are clearly visible and the dolphine logo is sharp. Original signes crown. 20mm between the lugs. Plexiglas with not cracks.

DIAL
Beautiful matte black with slightly creamy subdials. No scratches or damages. A few of the tiny lame plots have cracked. Raised markers. Black tachy.

HANDS
All hands are original to the watch. The orange sweeping second hands is a nice touch. There is a tiny crack in the lume ofcthe hour hand but not really visible to the naked eye. Very nice patina and no discoloration.

MOVEMENT
Signed valjoux 72 in good condition. Unknown service history but it is clean and has a healthy amplitude of app. 250. All chorine function work perfectly and the sweeping second hand resets to 12.

STRAP
Selling this one head only or on a plain black strap or nato

-

The is a unique opportunity to purchase a beautiful vintage with a legendary movement also used in e.g. vintage Rolex Daytona. It is honestly one of the most comfortable watches I have ever worn and I have worn a few :-)

The price is EUR 2,300. I find the price very reasonable and reserve the right to ignore silly offers.

The watch is located in EU (Copenhagen, Denmark).

I have described the watch the best I can. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. As a collector I have done many international sales/trades so buy with confidence :-)

Messages In This Thread

FS: Enicar Valjoux 72 - Orange sweeping second hand
*OHPF* *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE