The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Tradition Diver - Bakelite Bezel - Serviced

Selling this absolutely stunning 1970’s Tradition Diver Ref. 10742 - cal. AS1913 - sold by Sears Roebuck & Co. The watch is all original and in outstanding condition. The original tritium lume on the dial and hands has aged beautifully and still glows when exposed to light. The bakelite bezel rotates bi-directionally, and is in exceptional condition. No cracks or deep scratches present. Original crystal is clear, free of scratches, and in excellent shape. The stainless steel case has razor sharp edges and appears to have never been polished. The only defect that I would point out is a few “tool” marks on the case-back from someone trying to open at some point in the past. Aside from these, the watch is probably the best example of a Sears Tradition Diver that I have ever seen. Please view all pics, I've tried to capture the overall condition.

The Sears & Roebuck signed AS 1913 Swiss Movement has been fully serviced by my watchmaker in October 2018. It keeps excellent time and the date changes at midnight as it should. The quickset date functions properly and smoothly. New gaskets have also been fitted as part of the service.

This watch measures approx. 38mm (excluding crown). The lugs are 19mm. It comes fitted on a black drivers strap as pictured.

Asking $650 OBO plus shipping based on location with full insurance and tracking. Please message me with interest or questions. jdb35bdj@hotmail.com

Thanks! Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE