The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: "LE MANS" HEUER AUTAVIA 1163, MARK2 RIDGED MARKERS

Hi guys,
I think that by now most of us know that the crew for the movie "Le Mans" with Steve Mc Queen not only ordered nine Heuer Monaco 1133 but also
some other Heuer watches like the Autavia 1163, Mark2 with ridged markers.
Here the story: http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/heuers-at-le-mans-anatomy-of-an-invoice/?fbclid=IwAR2KJDjqp7hU_LYc0oPU9JWxAbSUyQwGvcTdZaKLyJUc9E2c0iJ375AOHc8
Interesting to notice is that these Mark2 Autavia 1163 were delivered with Tachymeter bezel instead of MH bezel ( which in a way makes sense ).

Offering here a completely original Autavia 1163, Mark2.
Originally the watch came with the MH bezel that can be seen in the pictures.
Given the interesting "le Mans" story I also give the possibility to buy the watch with a Tachymeter bezel.
My pictures show the watch with both the MH and the Tachymeter bezel.

I guarantee the watch is completely original & untouched.
By this I mean the case has never been refurbished, dial and hands have the original tritium and all the parts are still the original.

Dial is absolutely mint and spotless with super white subdials.
The picture under UV light clearly shows the dial and hands have the original tritium. ( picture nr. 4 )
The ridged markers give the watch a completely different look compared to a Mark3 or a Viceroy.

Case is untouched and still in a remarkably good condition.
Bear in mind that my pics show every little swirl. In real this case looks almost mint.
Sunburst effect is stunning, edges super sharp. Model number and reference number between the lugs super crisp.

Tachymeter bezel or MH bezel. The buyer has the choice. Both bezels are in very good condition with the MH probably a little better.

Original plexi, pushers and crown.

Model: Heuer Autavia 1163 Mark2
Serial number: 142562
Movement: Heuer cal.11

Mechanically the watch is running perfect. Chrono starts, stops and resets as it should.
The watch got a complete check-up by my watchmaker and comes with a 12 month guarantee.

Pricing the watch is not that easy since I haven't seen too many in this condition lately. I have owned myself 3 others and sold them for prices between €6k and €9,5k.
I agree the Heuer market is a bit weaker the last year. But let's keep in mind this is a pretty rare watch and finding another one in this exceptional condition will not be easy.
Believe me, it took me a while to find another one since the last one I sold.

I offer the watch with a standard leather strap or Abel Court black replica corfam.
I can also provide a NOS black corfam small holes for €250 extra.
I include a fully insured shipping with FedEx worldwide.

Price: looking for offers starting from €6500

( Highest offer will get the watch; reserve price is €6500 so it makes no sense making a lower offer; I reserve the right to end the auction at any time )

Good luck bidding.
Best regards,
Bernard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE