The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: MINT AUTAVIA 1163 MH: real DEREK BELL watch

So what ever you might read about Derek Bell and the 1163 MH: here is the real one from my private collection. I holded the watch for about 3 years in my collection/safe and today it will go.

Real one means:

- its a cal 11 movement in
- a 1163 case (not a 1163 V case as so often)
- with steel hands (and not with the "intermediate viceroy hands": yes I have seen these viceroys interims also..but the steel ones are the real old ones, or let me say the first ones),
- with the "big block marker" dial: very specific for this watch and a MUST; and yes it has the real 3-6-9-12 dial !!!!
- finally but more important with the first version of the GF rice grain bracelet: so this is the one which is real to this watch: meaning close after HEUER stopped the chronomatic production of the sifferts they went along with exacatly this bracelet. It has all the original GF stamps and is dated Feb 1969. I have 5-6 of them and ALL have the same stamped date (69 and a 2), afterwards they introduced the GF claps bracelets: I can swap the old, original one for a claps one but believe nobody would be that crazy....

The watch in my eyes is MINT. It looks so clean: outstanding and its an one time opportunity to grab one of the very first Autavia Automatics.

Price is 2200 Euro shipped worldwide by UPS. This includes insurance if buyer wants. payment by paypal only with fee compensation and only for ex-europe. In Europe please feel free to wire the money.

you can surf around the web: you will not find one like this again: especially in this conditions. there are some "pseudo Derek Bells " outside, but not with steel hands, not with this unique bracelet and not MINT at all: look at the bezel: this is a original bezel with an original insert and NOT one of these nasty remakes which some is selling one ebay (and which do not even fit the bezels ....)

In other words its an collectors item and not one of these regular Autavias we see plenty around these times. would be happy if one of my collectors friends is the new owner however who ever is into this I am happy to serve.

No Trades considered for this boy.

Contact me if you need more pictures. I am happy to make and send them

Please substract NOSPAM from my mail address for convenience.

ape

Messages In This Thread

FS: MINT AUTAVIA 1163 MH: real DEREK BELL watch
TRADED / SOLD *NM* *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE