The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: vintage Amida Digitrend jump hour watch with original bra *PIC*

Dear all,

As much as I love these Amidas (I have owned many in the past) I need to let them go to make room for some other stuff that I want.

As per the title says, it's an Amida Digitrend from the '70s that served as inspiration for MB&F's Horological Machine 5 alongside the GP Casquette (a quartz watch with red LED dial), the Lamborghini Miura, Lotus Esprit and Lancia Stratos. It is a driver's watch meaning that the watch was designed to be worn while driving and holding the wheel. As such the dial is on the side of the case.

The movement inside is Amida's 1Jewel caliber which is not the most accurate or quality to say the least. However, Amida made this caliber with 17Jewels and there is a known hack where a trained watchmaker can actually swap the lousy 1J movement and put in an identical 17J caliber. This is what happened to my watch as well. You need to take out the movement, remove the red and black hour and minute plates and reattach them on the new movement. Change the crown and you are good to go. My watch runs and keeps good time, however, I have not tested the accuracy. This is a novelty watch so I very rarely wear it so being within COSC is not my aim :)

The brushed case has some wear but nothing too crazy. The original bracelet is there in its full length. It is a bit too large for my 7.5" wrist.

(the black spot on the side of the case is the refelction of my camera lens)

The watch displays the time through a prism, similar to a submarine's periscope. The dial inside the case with the hour and minute plates are facing upwards, the prism takes this image and projects it to the side of the case where the jump hour dial is.

As the case is not in perfect condition (please check photos, I'm also happy to send some more) especially compared to the other one I'm selling, I'd like to get €750 shipped. I'm happy to accept PayPal as "f&f" (or you cover the fees) or Bank Transfer. If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for reading.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE