The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 "Schumacher" 3820.53

Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 "Schumacher" 3820.53

As most of the folks who have an internet connection know by now, this piece has seen a recent resurgence of interest as it was the basis that Hodinkee's (in)famous H10 was inspired from - and for good reasons. This watch has a lot of personality, the colorful design makes it really stand out, as the black-and-blue 24h subdial at 9 o'clock, the red chrono hands, the wingtip-shaped yellow date indicator, all this really make it pop! Ben Clymer's now-famous grandfather had a great taste in watches it seems:cool:

The watch is in incredible cosmetic shape. When I purchased it last year I looked for the best one I could find: this one is about pristine, if only for a few strap change love marks, some minor dings under the northwest lug, and a barely noticeable one on top of the southeast one - which I hadn't noticed until I took the macro pictures, as you know macros tend to magnify imperfections. The tritium on the dial has superbly patinated with a warm, light brown nuance. The hands have aged a couple of hues clearer. The dial looks as immaculate to me as can be. Lovely seahorse caseback with perfectly visible serial.

I will steal some description elements from Fratello - thank you RJ and the crew.

The automatic movement of the Speedmaster Day-Date is Omega’s caliber 1151. This movement is based on the famous ETA / Valjoux 7751 movement. A work-horse and different from the Speedmaster Reduced (3510.50) that uses an ETA 2890-A2 with a Dubois-Depraz chronograph module on top, the Valjoux 7751 in the Mk40 is a dedicated chronograph movement, whereas the Speedmaster Reduced uses a so-called piggybacking movement.

The 1151 is one heck of little of a movement too, with a significant amount of complications packed in this compact package. All dates and chrono functions work as they should. I've timed that Mk40 and it runs within a few seconds a day - I don't have the details about the service history though.

The 55MM serial dates it back to 1997, so this is one of the first version ones with the tritium dial, even though it is not written T Swiss Made T on the dial - More information here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/slight-differences-in-omega-speedmaster-mk40-triple-day-date.39467/.

This ref. has been discontinued but some info is still available on Omega's page here: https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-speedmaster-day-date-38205326
(and the pic of their watch looks crap compared to mine :D)

Specs:
Case size: 39mm ex. crown
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown and pushers: Perfect shape, signed crown - Date adjuster on the left side
Lug width: 18mm
Bracelet: Original Omega black leather with white stitching in fantastic shape and signed buckle
No B&P, but I will ship in a very nice Christie's padded, zipped travel case.

Price: 2400EUR including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid by wire, net to me. If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way :thumbsup: If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please. Reasonable (I insist on the REASONABLE) offers will be answered, lowballers will be at best ignored, at worst made fun of.

(undoctored pics below, natural outdoors lighting)

No returns. Many references available. Payment by Bank Transfer. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area.

Thank you CT!

Paul

Messages In This Thread

FS: Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 "Schumacher" 3820.53
[SOLD] Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 "Schumacher" 3820.53
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE