|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
I have for sale this fair example of a Universal Geneve Tri compax.
This watch was bought from the first owner who bought it during the 1940-1950 period new and who has kept it during all this time. Altough during the final years it's been mostly in a drawer.
There are a few cosmetic defects that should be mentioned:
1. The dial is the first and most obvious one. There are some spots where some paint is missing, some varnish has deteriorated and discolored. I do however not believe the dial has been repainted in the past and is original to the watch.
2. The watch is missing the red hand in the date subdial. The previous owner did not know how it got lost.
3. The watch is at this moment not serviced, at the moment. It does run and functions are working, it just needs a service.
4. The movement in this watch is calibre 481.
5. The case is made of stainless steel and is 36mm in size.
6. The case reference number is 22283.
7. Not sure if the 2h Pusher is original, and the crown might be replaced.
If you have any more questions, or like to see some other part of the watch photographed, please let me know.
I am looking for offers around 3000 euro for it as it is.
I can provide you with my eBay account information which has a 290 feedback rating as a seller. If you want a tagged picture, with the watch set to specific time and a note with your name or username, please let me know.