The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera 1153N with GF Bracelet. Serviced.

Hi.
Up for sale is an interesting Carrera 1153N purchased by me from the original owner who bought it in 1971 in Johannesburg and used it for African rallies and raids through the 1970s.
He never had the Carrera serviced, only fitting a new crystal and bezel in the late 70s. He "retired" the watch in the 1980s and it sat in a draw until I bought it in 2013.
I had the watch serviced for the very first time in 2015 by Rory Macdonald in Melbourne. The case was not polished and never has been. We did replace the crystal and bezel insert at the time.
The watch has the original crown and pushers. The bezel is the later 1153 bezel with 60-500 and tachy at 1 o'clock. That is what was on the watch when I received it. Possibly fitted when the crystal was changed in the 70s.
The dial and hands are both early execution 1153 and the watch is fitted with a Calibre 12 movement. This is how it came out of the factory as the watch was never opened until 2015. Serial is 149XXX which would put the watch on the cusp of the change from Calibre 11/11i to 12.
I have some rally patches given to me by the previous owner and also a photo of him wearing the watch on a raid rally in the 70s. If the new owner wants these I can include them.
The watch is in good condition, lume aged but all present, dial is very lightly marked but not visible when wearing the watch. The case shows knocks and wear from a hard life on the African stages but is unpolished and a good honest example.
The GF Bracelet is dated 3/69 and again shows obvious signs of use but is in all round good condition.
The service receipt from 2015 will come with the Carrera.
Asking $5250US including worldwide shipping.
A nice Carrera 1153N with a bit of motoring history attached. Happy to answer any questions and can supply more photos on request.
Watch and I are in Melbourne Australia.
Thanks for looking and thanks to Jeff and CT for the space.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE