The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Gallet Multichron Pilot Valjoux 72 Chronograph

Hi all,

Before starting my description, here's a link to photos: https://imgur.com/a/oQZaE2c

- Up for grabs is an exceptional Gallet chronograph that does not come up for sale often: The earliest version of the Gallet Multichron Pilot with the robust Valjoux 72. This watch is in exceptional condition.

Case: 38mm stainless case in excellent, unpolished condition. Caseback is engraved "Jerry Rhyne"

Dial: flawless dial with a hint of tropical under the sun. The dial is perfect, and all marks seen in the pics are from the crystal, not the dial.

Movement: Gallet signed Valjoux 72. I do not know the service history. All parts are original. Movement is in very nice condition.

PLEASE NOTE: The watch is running and keeping great time. HOWEVER, the chronograph seconds hand does not reset to zero. This is likely a simple fix. However, I want to be as transparent as possible, and therefore recommend a service (I do not think this watch has ever been serviced, so probably not a bad idea to get one anyways). The chronograph minute and hour hands function as they should.

There are no other issues whatsoever with this watch.

I have priced this watch at $3550 plus shipping. I think that is more than enough wiggle room to cover a service if it ends up needing one.

Please contact me with any questions. I am happy to answer. This really is a lovely piece that deserves a great home.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Gallet Multichron Pilot Valjoux 72 Chronograph
{REDUCED] Gallet Multichron Pilot Valjoux 72 Chronograph *NM*
Re: FS: Vintage Gallet Multichron Pilot Valjoux 72 Chronogra *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE