The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: FS Universal Geneve Jumbo Compax "Albino" 40.5mm 22703-1

Hi Chronotrader members

With a heavy heart, I'm selling one of the most treasured UGs in my collection. I believe it has been a while since I saw someone selling a similar piece, this ref. is not regularly put on sale. Here's the details:

- Universal Geneve Compax "Albino" ref. 227030-1 in Jumbo 40.5mm stainless steel case with original Gay Freres bracelet and 22mm UB end links.
- Originality: all original, nothing has been replaced, redone in this piece (possibly the exception of crystal).
- Condition: watch is in good working condition, movement has been serviced in 2018, accuracy is not tested, chronograph functions perfectly. S/N is 22699XX.
- Case is very sharp, unpolished. Case back is in very condition. The ref. and serial numbers on the case back is still visible (readable but not in deeply engraved condition)
- Sunburst dial is 100% original. There are dust speckles on the dial, can be seen from the photos, but the watch still looks gorgeous in person. Sunburst finishing is made very lightly on this piece, the finishing can be seen easily in person, but I found it quite hard to capture on photos.
- Original bezel, original steel blued hands, original U crown & pushers.
- Watch comes with the original UG bracelet (made by Gay Freres) and original "UB"endlinks. This bracelet comes with the watch as I bought it, not later add-in to match. Bracelet comes with a total of 17 links, fit up to 21cm wrist size.
- Suede racing leather strap in the first few pictures is not included, but happy to throw it in if buyer wants it. The leather strap is custom-made, hand-stitched on high quality Italian suede leather.
- Price: USD 17,000 shipped worldwide via DHL Express. Paypal Fees not included. I actually prefer bank wire for this to avoid PP fees. Meet up purchase can be made within Singapore/Asean countries.
- For your reference, a similar piece in panda dial variation was bid to USD 14k on Yahoo Auction Japan earlier this year, and it was in unknown condition and with aftermarket bracelet. There was another one for auction on eBay 2016 and ended at USD 16k+. So I strongly believe my price is fair on this one.
- Reference can be provided upon request.
- Movement photos will be updated as I can't open the case back myself.

Here are the photos:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE