|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Up for grabs this great manual Heuer Autavia, the reference 741.603 issued to the Kenyan Air Force in the early '70s.
This watch is probably one of the rarest KAF Autavias, and it's for sure something you can't find everyday on the market. Powered by a 7741 valjoux (please notice: totally serviced last August) this watch features a stunning 42mm stainless steel case in great health, typical of these years' Autavias.
Some considerations about this nice and rare watch:
- Dial is perfect, red indexes and very warm tritium on a "navy blued patina" makes this dial an absolute stunner. I am sure to say that the dial is the best part of this watch.
- Bezel is quite used, anything bad but of course it's not a NOS watch. We have always to remember that these watches were truly military items.
- Hands are in great health too, red touches are very vivid, the Hour hand appears to be a little bit relumed sometimes in the past in my opinion.
- On the caseback of course the military engraving is present: KAF 264.
- Case appears to be unpolished.
Other things to note: there's a little scrath on the glass at 6 o' clock, I didn't want to polish it, I think it will be a buyer's choice.
So, overall, a stunning watch, a rare and desired reference for Autavias and Military watches collectors.
Watch and me are located in Italy. For this great KAF Autavia my SUPER price is 5400€. Price is not negotiable and includes a fast and tracked UPS shipment, for EU buyers. Best price in the entire world... I checked :D
I am full of references to provide in case of need. Please feel free to ask. Other pics under request.
Thank you guys, thank you CT