The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Rolex Air-King reference 5500 - Oyster Perpetual

Vintage Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King reference 5500 features the classic and beautiful silver dial, come with the original stainless steel oyster bracelet. Watch is exceptional, it is all original from 1979, the bracelet is an Oyster 78350 19 with 557 end links the bracelet in great shape given its age, The watch serial number 60987XX dating this piece to 1979

Bracelet fits a (19.75cm / 7.75 inch) wrist, currently positioned on the middle position on the micro clasp adjustments so has slight room for adjustment to accommodate a slightly wider wrist.

It is keeping good time but has not been timed or tested on a timegrapher, as vintage piece it might eventually need a service. Minor crack at 5 o’clock on the original Rolex acrylic does not distract or bother me. The watch is in good condition and virtually no stretch to the bracelet overall it looks great.

Excellent addition to your collection, Automatic Rolex Air-King with all original parts, and fairly priced. Enjoy this piece for many years and perhaps even make a profit when you decide to sell!

Will be posted as pictured without any box or papers. Please study all my photographs which are meant to give an accurate cosmetic description of my watch.

Very nice to wear.

Watch details:

Case - Stainless Steel
Case Diameter - 34mm (Excluding Crown)
Case Back - Stainless Steel
Crystal - Original Rolex Acrylic (a minor crack at 5 o’clock)
Bracelet - 19mm Rolex Oyster 78350 19 with 557 end links
Movement - Rolex Automatic Caliber 1520
Serial – 60987XX
Circa - 1979

I did my best to describe this amazing watch as best as I could, Feel free to ask for any details.

Asking £2000

I prefer Face to face cash sale in central London

But will also accept PayPal for local sale in the UK

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE