The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Universal Geneve Uni-Compax cal. 285 Sword hands

Hello CT,

Here I have for sale a beautiful UG Uni-Compax with sword hands full of radium.
I love Universal Geneve. And so do so any vintage watch lover. This brand has both the heritage we appreciate and the looks we love.

You may have heard about this brand before, somewhere near the names Gerald Genta, Polerouter or Tri-Compax. But don’t worry, this watch doens’t fall below any standard.

Produced in 1945 and cased in a 34,5mm stainless steel case, we have the in-house movement 285 from the swiss manufacturer. The dial has slightly patinated to a cream color and is surrounded by arabic numerals for a better read. It has a 45 minute counter for all of you, desk divers.

But enough about the case and dial, what is special about this watch are the hands. Radium blued-hands. Intact, elegant and refined, yet rugged and perfectly balanced.

If you ask me, I’d say it doens’t get too much better for the money. So grab it before it’s too late, these watches come just once.

Maker: Universal Geneve
Model: Uni-Compax
Functions: Chronograph
Case Material: Stainless steel
Case Width: 34,5mm
Case Thickness: 12mm
Crystal: Plexiglass
Lume: Yes, radium
Lug Width: 19mm
Box/Papers: N/A

Price is: 2320€ NET TO ME + Shipping. Payment methods accepted: Paypal FF, Paypal G&S (add +4%), Bank wire.
Watch and I are located in Madrid, Spain. EU deal is preferred, but International is also accepted.
The watch will be shipped on a leather strap. If you want the BoR bracelet, please add +150€.

Pictures:

Thanks for looking.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE