The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Event: do not trust wtimer, paid 2 weeks ago bunch of excuses/bs

wtimer

Almost certain this user is a liar and a thief. He has several active listings.

Paid for this 216570 on 29 November. Since then it's been nothing but lazy excuses and small talk and no watch. Claimed several transactions on forums and indeed there were some transactions that appeared to had taken place in previous weeks with feedback in his posts. User wtimer has several listings active.

The listing I paid for is here:
http://chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=113992

It has been two weeks. Wtimer ignored me for 4 days then finally texted me at 4 am last night to ask "how are you doing?"

I called him this morning. He mumbled incoherently for a couple of minutes then assured me he would ship the watch Monday. I pushed to get my btc back and he said he couldn't do that despite the return policy offered in writing on his ads. He then trailed off mumbling and hung up on me. I am obviously in a bad spot here.

I am putting a reward out for the real identity of Wtimer with proof. 1k for the real identity of w.timer@yahoo.com phone number 8135150864 (likely fake #)

Any advice or help on how to deal with this situation by users here is welcome.

I give it less than 2% that I ever get a refund or my 216570 from Wtimer. I feel ashamed and I doubt I will ever use these forums ever again. First time user. Any help or recourse is greatly appreciated. New or potential new shoppers on this forum should know it's not a safe place to shop and users are colluding together or making multi accounts to post fake feedback on their listings. Phone number used was 8135150864. His email was as described in listings w.timer@yahoo.com

You should be ashamed of yourself and embarrassed that this is how you have to get through your life wtimer. Your own existence is your punishment. You will undoubtedly reap what you sow. You sound weak and tired on the phone. Real men go out and work like bosses, then go buy Rolex. Criminal bitches like you hide behind the computer and take advantage of those men with no plan in life. People like you die alone in a hotel or in jail. Hopefully slow. Remember that when you're out spending my money on whatever you buy which I am positive isn't Rolex.

I want my 216570 or my money right now. In the off chance you're not a criminal you owe me and these forums an explanation of why you can't ship out your merchandise in an efficient manner.

If in the very, very off chance I get my 216570 or my money back I will gladly apologize in public and delete this. Like I said 2% chance is my gut feeling there so I am pretty comfortable in my assertions that you're a liar and thief.

CLIFFS:

-I paid user wtimer 6.5k btc on 29 november for a 216570. Can provide screen shots of the transaction.
-Wtimer has made excuses for 2 weeks and ignored me for up to 4 days at a time. Can provide screen shots of the conversation.
-Wtimer took a phone call and mumbled a bunch of excuses then hung up the phone refusing to honor his advertised turn policy.
-New users should know that this is not at all a safe place to buy an expensive watch.
-1k bounty on his confirmed identity with proof no questions asked.
- Phone number used was 8135150864. His email was as described in listings w.timer@yahoo.com

: Letting go my Rolex Explorer II Polar 216570 the watch is in
: excellent condition and runs smoothly.The watch is very clean
: you hardly see sign of wears,no scratches no dings.All part of the
: watch are authentic and no part was replace still on the
: original OEM.Comes with:Boxes, booklet,both hand tag and warranty
: card.

: Asking: $6,800 USD shipped via FedEx within United State.shipping
: International contact for negotiation.

: Payment: Bank Wire

: Email: w.timer@yahoo.com

: All my watch are 100% authentic and I offer return and refund
: policy after 3 days inspection if the watch is not as described.

: Thanks
: Wtimer.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE