The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Heuer Orvis Solunagraph Watch

Vintage Heuer Orvis Solunagraph Watch

Up for sale is a beautiful Heuer Orvis Solunagraph Watch

Made by Heuer and created for the outfitter Orvis which is why the dial is signed accordingly. Many of these models are known as Seafarers under this collection and this particular one as the Solunagraph.

Considered the final generation of the Seafarer collection as the entire timeline of which can be found on Jeff Stein’s post from On The Dash, here http://www.onthedash.com/abercrombie-and-fitch-seafarer/

An excerpt from OnTheDash.com on the tide pusher and it's uses reads:

"I See the Moon (and the Moon Sees Me). The tides are affected by the gravitational pull of the moon, and the cycle of high and low tides follows the same 29-1/2 day cycle as the phases of the moon. Accordingly, the tide dial on the Seafarer can be used to show the phases of the moon, from new to half to full, and back again. So when you’re not at the beach, following the tides, you can still use your Seafarer to track the phases of the moon."

Case Width: 40mm Excluding the crown

Case Thickness: 14mm including the crystal

Dial: signed Orvis Solunagraph with grey metallic dial, applied metallic indexes with luminous ends, white subdial and silver registers. The dial was considered one of the best my watchmaker has ever seen.

Case Material: Stainless Steel with the correct unmarked caseback 3 concentric half-circles at the edge

Crystal Material: Plexi

Lug Width: 20mm

Band Material: comes with both a Camel colored rally strap and a Pomar beads of rice bracelet

Serial: 324xxx

Condition: In vintage condition and appears to be unpolished

Bezel: faded to a ghost gray and has some wear giving it an amazing look!

Movement: Valjoux 721 (base modified for tide indicator), manual wind mechanical column wheel chronograph movement, 17 jewels

Service history: Recent serviced April 2019 and running like a dream include the tide pump pusher which functions as it should. Accompanied by service papers as well.

This is considered the Second Execution has the handset and tide pusher changed to two colors in this version which is correct.

These don't come up for sale very often so it's a rare treat seeing one in the wild let alone one for sale and it won't last long.

It is also accompanied by some vintage Orvis catalogs with the advertisement for these when they were first marketed, produced and sold. Pictures of this are in the link below.

My price is $15,000 via Bank Wire ONLY and shipped with FedEx mail with insurance and signature. For international I ship via FedEx w/ ParcelPro insurance so international shipments are not an issue. I will need your address if you desire to purchase internationally so I may check rates​.

You can reach me by calling or texting 404-786-6474 and use this number is also for WhatsApp​ for International buyers too.​

My email is LivingTheAnchorLife@gmail.com

For more images

https://www.antiquejewelryaddiction.com/product_images/uploaded_images/img-2782.jpg.jpg" border="0" alt="">

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Heuer Orvis Solunagraph Watch
Re: FS: Vintage Heuer Orvis Solunagraph Watch
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE