|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Up for sale is my 1950s vintage 12.68z Longines dress watch. Here’s the details:
1. Case: 35mm steel case. Case is in great shape, very sharp, looks like has not been polished before, normal wear with fine scratches, no major dents or scratches. Case back is in pristine condition with highly visible wording. The case profile on this piece is lovely, lugs are beautifully made, and wear nicely on the wrist.
2. Dial & hands: all original & good condition. There are marks on the dial and there are discoloration spots as can be seen in the photos. Generally, it still looks fine to my taste.
3. Movement: original 12.68z movement, serviced in 2019. It keeps good time & runs strong. Accuracy is unknown as it’s not important to me. Movement number matches case number as per Longines Extract confirms. I still have this on email. Physical Extract paper can be found, I have not go and look for it yet.
From Longines Extract:
The original serial number 10'848'XXX identifies a wristwatch in stainless steel bearing the reference 6874. It is fitted with a Longines manually wound mechanical movement, caliber 12.68Z and was invoiced on 19 May 1961 to the company Hausammann, which was at that time our agent for Norway and Sweden.
4. Crown: unsigned, wind & set time smoothly
5. Glass: unknown originality. It looks nice.
6. Strap: beautiful vintage Eterna real leather strap is included as pictured, this cost me $50.
7. I’m asking US$ 600 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees.
Other info and condition of sale:
1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
2. Item will be shipped worldwide via DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.
Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.
Here are the images: