|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
I’m selling my Universal Geneve Uni-Compax (Ref. 22255)
Happy to share more via WhatsApp.
- Case / metal: Steel and rose gold. Cornes de vache-style lugs.
- Dial: Salmon/champagne - somewhat a matter of opinion. I would call it champagne, but a friend from one of the major auction houses calls is salmon.
- Movement: Manual wind. Calibre 281, column wheel chronograph. 17 jewels. Some more movement info can be found here: https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Universal_281
- Strap: Crocodile, including original rose gold buckle (I assume this is plated as rose gold would be too soft).
- Year / serial number: 1942-43 / 925XXX (year is determined according to this link: https://www.timepiecechronicle.com/features/2017/3/1/split-second-two-essential-images-for-universal-geneve-collectors).
- Dimensions: 35 mm (excluding crown); 11 mm thick (including plexiglass).
- Box (no papers)
- Condition: All original, mint condition. Dial is pristine. Keeping great time, all chronograph functions working and resetting perfectly.
- Provenance: Bought from one of the leading dealers in Italy in December 2017. Can share further details bilaterally with serious inquirers.
- Universal Geneva reference numbers explained: (https://www.timepiecechronicle.com/features/2017/3/1/split-second-two-essential-images-for-universal-geneve-collectors)
- First digit = case material (2 = steel)
- Second digit = type of movement (2 = chronograph)
- Third digit = size of baseplate (2 = one of three calibres: 281 (27.80 mm), 283 or 481)
- Fourth and fifth digits = categorise the visual aspects of the case design
Notes on seller:
- Location: I’m based in Geneva.
- Reason for buying: Big fan of the Audemars Piguet chronograph of Alfredo Paramico (1940s, rose gold and steel - see Hodinkee article) and the Vacheron Constantin cornes de vaches so this Universal Geneve gave me some of what those watches offer. I also like column wheel chronographs.
- Reason for selling: Fund next chronograph purchase -- probably a Speedmaster. I’m not a huge collector: I keep a few watches without being very attached to any, and sell them if/when my interest changes.
- Instagram (not very active): coffee_and_watches
- WhatsApp: +41 79 386 6228
- EUR 3,200
- Payment via PayPal (+ 3%) / bank transfer / cash in person.