The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: NOS Heuer Carrera 45 Dato w/ Indy Speedway Logo

I bought this wonderful piece from an estate in Indianapolis. The story that was told to me is that the deceased woman actually received this watch in the late 60’s as a prize. It was Brand New with the tag and box. She had no use for it and it sat in a drawer for years. It had never been worn. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this piece and is one of my favorite Carrera watches in my collection.

This Mid to Late 60’s Carrera 45 Dato watch has the L 89 Hand-wind movement (Lemania) and is Reference # 3147N. It has the more unusual layout with the date at the 9 and the one register at the 3. The Register is actually the less common 45 minute register. But what really makes it special is the specialty Indianapolis Speedway logo on the dial. I was there for the F1 race and you get chills just walking into the place.

This watch is NOS and is in proper working order. It comes on the Original NOS band with the proper Heuer buckle and it has the Original Hangtag attached to it. It has the Original Sticker on the case back. The dial and hands are Perfect. The case is Perfect also. The crown is proper to the vintage and does not have the Heuer logo on it. It comes in its Original Box.

I have been collecting Heuer watches and rally clocks for years and am selling a large part of my collection to fund home projects. I have many Heuer references available upon request. You can also view the Heuer watches I recently listed and sold on e-bay and look at my feedback, my ID is meyerfinejewelry.

Asking $4,500

Thank you,
Jeff Meyer
610-683-5920 Day
610-756-3185 Eve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE