|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Up for sale is my one of the small pieces I need to clear from my collection, the vintage Movado ref. 18561 dress watch with a nicely aged patina dial. Here’s the details:
1. Case: 34mm stainless steel case, 16mm lug width, NOT fixed bar (even though I used an open-end strap here). Case is made by the famous Francois Borgel – FB company, in great shape, very sharp, looks like has not been polished before, normal wear with fine scratches throughout the case, the lugs are beautifully design and still retain its original facets. Case back is in pristine condition with highly visible “stainless steel” word. The case number between the lugs matches the number from the inside of case back.
2. Dial & hands: all original & although not perfect, it beautifully aged to an egg yolk color, nice condition. There’s a lot of details on the dial: faceted markers, applied MOVADO brand, applied minutes counter dots around the dial edge, small second hand with crosshair, etc., very interesting & rare piece. Lume on hand is full and aged beautifully, hands are all original.
3. Movement: cal. 115 movement, serviced in 2019. It keeps good time & runs strong. Accuracy is unknown as I actually have never worn this watch. Bumper movement is strong, a few shake keep it running immediately.
4. Crown: original unsigned, wind & set time.
5. Glass: unknown originality. It looks nice. Probably plastic.
6. Strap: not included. Price is for head only.
7. I’m asking US$ 350 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees.
Other info and condition of sale:
1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
2. Item will be shipped worldwide via DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.
Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.
Here are the images: