The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage beautiful Movado Day-date dress watch, patina dial

Hi all,

Up for sale is my one of the small pieces I need to clear from my collection, the vintage Movado ref. 18471 day-date watch with a nicely aged patina dial. Here’s the details:

1. Case: 32.5mm stainless steel case, 16mm lug width, NOT fixed bar (even though I used an open-end strap here). Case is high quality- made by the famous Francois Borgel – FB company, in great shape, very sharp, looks like has not been polished before, normal wear with fine scratches throughout the case, the lugs are beautifully design and still retain its original facets. Case back is in great shape, no marking on the outside of the case back. The case number between the lugs matches the number from the inside of case back.

2. Dial & hands: Dial appears to be original, it beautifully aged to an egg yolk color, nice condition. There’s a lot of details on the dial: applied numerals & markers, applied minutes counter dots around the dial edge, small second hand, day-date window are beautifully shaped, etc., very interesting & rare piece. Some lume loss on dial and hands but hands are all original.

3. Movement: cal. 118 movement, not yet serviced. Watch runs strong. Accuracy is unknown as I actually have never worn this watch. Bumper movement is strong, a few shakes keep it running immediately.

4. Crown: original unsigned, wind & set time, the pusher is a bit hard to change the date but it does change it, I think a movement service would fix this easily.

5. Glass: unknown originality. It looks nice. Probably plastic.

6. Strap: not included. Price is for head only.

7. I’m asking US$ 350 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees.

Other info and condition of sale:

1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.

2. Item will be shipped worldwide via DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.

3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.

4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.

5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.

Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.

Here are the images:

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage beautiful Movado Day-date dress watch, patina dial
Re: FS: Vintage beautiful Movado Day-date dress watch, patin
Re: FS: Vintage beautiful Movado Day-date dress watch, patin
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE