|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Up for sale is my one of the pieces I need to clear from my collection, the early vintage Universal Geneve Polerouter watch ref. 20217/4 with bumper movement. Here’s the details:
1. Case: 35.5mm stainless steel. As not many would notice, the bumper-movement type of case is thicker with chunkier lugs than any other microtor-case, which wear bolder and more masculine, too, imo. The case of this watch is in great shape, very sharp, looks like has not been polished before, normal wear with fine scratches, the lugs are very sharp, fitting a size 19mm strap. Case back is in great shape with sharp engravement.
2. Dial & hands: all original, it has a beautiful black matte, symmetrical no-date dial in pristine condition. Lume spots on dial are perfect, aged to a perfect orangish color tone, all printings on dial are perfect. Inner bezel is in pristine condition. Lume on hands are very good too.
3. Movement: Cal. 138ss bumper movement, serviced in 2018. The watch runs very strong and keep good time. Accuracy is unknown as I actually rarely wear this watch. Bumper movement, to me, is much cooler than the normal microtor movement, it’s rarer too.
4. Crown: original hat-shape signed crown, wind & set time nicely.
5. Glass: replacement plastic crystal looks nice.
6. Strap: not included. Price is for head only.
7. I’m asking US$ 2000 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees.
Other info and condition of sale:
Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
2. Item will be shipped worldwide via Fedex/DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.
Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.
Here are the images: