|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Up for sale is my one of the pieces I need to clear from my collection, the 1940s vintage Longines ref. 5583 watch with 27M movement. Here’s the details:
1. Case: apprx. 33mm stainless steel. The case of this watch is in great shape, very sharp, looks like it has only been polished slightly before during its 80 years lifetime, normal wear with fine scratches, multi-facet, fixed lugs are still pretty sharp, fitting a size 18mm strap. Case back is in great shape with sharp engravement.
2. Dial & hands: all original, with aging spots but in lovely condition for its age. No lume on dial, at the odd-numerals o’clock are silver inlay dots. Blued hands are all original and shine brightly, beautiful. If you notice, this dial is identical to the Longines Heritage 1945 reissue. Of course, only the dial is miniaturized identical, not the reference that the reissue based on.
3. Movement: Cal. 27M manual movement, not yet serviced. The watch runs very strong and keep good time. Accuracy is unknown as I actually have never worn this watch during my ownership. From Longines Heritage department:
“The original serial number 7'535'372 identifies a wristwatch in stainless steel bearing the reference 5583 and the order number 23703. It is fitted with a Longines manually wound mechanical movement, caliber 27M and was invoiced on 19 October 1948 to the company Wirth, which was at that time our agent for Switzerland”
4. Crown: original thin unsigned crown, wind & set time nicely.
5. Glass: replacement plastic crystal looks nice.
6. Strap: not included. Price is for head only.
7. I’m asking US$ 600 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees.
Other info and condition of sale:
1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
2. Item will be shipped worldwide via Fedex/DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.
Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.
Here are the images: