|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Up for sale is my one of the pieces I need to clear from my collection, the 1970s vintage 36mm Zenith El Primero Surf ref. 01-0210-415. Here’s the details:
1. Case: apprx. 36mm cushion stainless steel case, 40mm lugs to lugs, thickness with flat crystal is 12.9mm. The case of this watch is in great shape, very sharp, I believe it is unpolished, normal wear with fine scratches, lugs, facets and corners are still very sharp with original brushed finishing. Case back is in great shape with sharp engravement.
2. Dial & hands: all original, double textures, light grey color in perfect condition: the dial is with linen-like vertical brush finishing, while the sub-dials are in sunburst finishing, very interesting and very hard to photograph these fine textures. There is nothing has been redone on this dial. Lume on hands and dial are all intact, original lume.
3. Movement: famous El Primero movement. The watch runs very strong, accuracy is great however I don’t know the exact number. Chronograph resets, date function works perfectly. This is possible the lowest possible budget you can get to own an El Primero. Movement has been serviced 2016, it runs very well, I don’t think the new owner will need a service anytime soon.
4. Crown & Pushers: original signed crown, wind & set time, date nicely. Pushers are original.
5. Glass: original plastic crystal with some tiny scratches, this can easily be polished out yet I haven’t done so.
6. Strap: with Zenith-brand bracelet, can fit up to 17cm wrist. This strap is not originally sold together with the watch (see original advertisement with black leather strap. This metal bracelet is a good match made by the previous owner. I prefer it is on a leather strap.
7. I’m asking US$ 2500 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees. My initial cost on this was $2900 in 2015.
Other info and condition of sale:
1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
2. Item will be shipped worldwide via Fedex/DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.
Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.
Here are the images: