|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
Reluctantly up for sale is my 1950s vintage Movado 95M chronograph watch (or some mistakenly as M95). Still one of the best valuable vintage chronograph that are often overlooked, and very much underrated. Here’s the details:
1. Case: 35mm Francois Borgel (FB) steel stepped case. Case is in excellent shape, very sharp & still retains clear facets on all lugs, very little wear with fine scratches, no major dents or scratches. Case back is in a very good condition. The case profile on this piece is extremely gorgeous, lugs are beautifully made, and wear nicely on the wrist. These earlier case on 95M Movado beats the later non-stepped case to dust (imo, and I have own both).
2. Dial & hands: all original & good condition. Main chronograph hand is blued, while main hands retain original lume, turned to a nice pumpkin color. Dial is very silvery shiny under natural light, it retains all the original lume spots as well, turned to the same nice pumpkin color as the hands. 3 sub-dial hands are in red.
3. Movement: original 95M movement, serviced in 2018 (claimed by previous dealer in Germany). It keeps very good time & runs very strong. Accuracy is unknown as it’s not important to me. Lugs number matches inner caseback number. Chorongraph runs perfectly, reset to 0.
4. Crown & pushers: original signature FB-case crown, wind & set time smoothly. Pusher is original, signature short type.
5. Glass: unknown originality. It looks nice.
6. Strap/bracelet: not included.
7. I’m asking a fair US$ 3600 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees. (I paid EUR 3500 for this and selling at a loss right now). If there are other watches I could sell right now, I would keep this.
Other info and condition of sale:
Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.
2. Item will be shipped worldwide via FedEx Express, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.
3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.
4. See my Instagram @hoangkhoi1207 for other watch sales, email me to get my phone number for easier communication, I use iMessage/Whatsapp/Viber.
5. I’m not open to trade at the moment.
Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.
Here are the images: