The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Wittnauer 4000 Skin Diver 1st Exec Cal C11KS — Box/Bracele

Hello everybody! Here for you today I have this:

First execution Wittnauer 4000 with C11KS Movement and original "T Swiss T" dial (not the much more common C 11 KS-1 with the later "25 T Swiss T 25"). I believe that of all the Wittnauer 4000s I have seen online, only maybe 1 or 2 have been the first model.

Hodinkee has sold the later versions in similar condition (no bracelet or box) for over $2k and currently there is one (later execution also) listed on Chrono24 for about $2500 (See my low price below pix and description).

**DETAILS:**
Awesome black 6-9-12 "Explorer" dial with Original puffy yellow tritium lume. The hands have been re-lumed, but the lume was custom mixed to semi-match the darkened tritium on the dial. You get the enjoyment of the original vintage tritium look of the dial, but the advantage of still being able to read the hands at night.

The 17 jewel Wittnauer Caliber C11KS movement is beautiful and keeps excellent time; within about +/- 10 seconds per day. It features KIF shock protection (like Rolex), perlage decoration and also unusually wide cotes de Geneve (Geneva stripes) decoration on the movement.

At 38mm width (not including crown) and ~47mm lug to lug, this vintage watch will wear well on pretty much any wrist. It has a thickness of ~12mm including the domed acrylic crystal.
~19.5mm lug width works well with most 20mm and some 19mm straps.

The signed new old stock Wittnauer bracelet looks amazing with the small brushed finish flat links reflecting the light from all angles. Its wide "integrated" look gives the watch an almost "Royal Oak" appearance on the wrist, and the flat links with polished beveled edge catch the light in a similar way.
If you're interested in a vintage watch but have a large wrist size, this is the watch you've been waiting for! Especially if you want a signed bracelet!

**CONDITION REPORT:**
The all stainless steel case and bezel have some scratches and scuffs from years of service, but nothing major and it still has its original finish sharp bevels and brushed lugs. Even the bezel printing is mostly intact!
There is some oxidation on the hands and crystal tension ring. Also, the thick acrylic diver crystal has been replaced and has some cracks on the sides (not visible, they are covered by the bezel) and a few light marks inside and out (hardly noticeable and looks almost new in most light).
Original signed Wittnauer crown rare.
The black dial is missing a little of the original tritium lume on a few of the plots (most notably the markers at 10 and 11) and has some faint fading in areas on the black.
Service history is unknown, but everything operates perfectly; setting, winding, semi-quickest date, etc, and the movement is running strong and keeping good time.

Wittnauer signed bracelet is NOS (not original to the watch) and will fit about a 6.75-7.75 inch wrist as sized currently, or over an 8.5 inch wrist with the two quick release spring bar links and two additional regular links (included).
Along with the bracelet I will include your choice of one strap; either the 20mm white tropic style rubber strap or the 19mm khaki brown with white "vintage" stitching leather strap. Contact me if you're interested in another color/style of strap as I have others available.

*Included Wittnauer box is not original to the watch.*

Water Resistance rating is not guaranteed. Always have vintage/neo-vintage watches pressure tested if you intend to get them wet.

I have provided pictures from all angles in different lighting, so please examine them carefully. All pictures are of the actual watch you will receive.

**Watch you see is what you get!**

TIMESTAMP: [timestamp pic] https://photos.app.goo.gl/mdiscrEZSEAp2RLX6

ALBUM: [Picture Album] https://photos.app.goo.gl/AorUncrjhxiaxyCE6

VIDEO: [wrist roll video clip] https://photos.app.goo.gl/NRcb5zYo9F44X9cv7

Considering this watches amazing originality and also the rarity of the first execution dial and movement:

Price $950 OBO
Shipped to USA (contact me for international shipping costs)

I am open to trades. Preferably down (plus cash) or across, unless you may be interested in other watches I have. I will even consider trades for broken or parts watches. Vintage, modern, dress, tool, whatever! I am particularly interested in Heuer, Omega, Rolex, Breitling, Sinn, certain Oris, and ANY Jaeger Lecoultre. but no worries, just bring on your offers and we'll have fun!

Payment via PayPal (+3%), Zelle, Cash app, bitcoin.

I will ship internationally contact me for shipping quotes.

I have a few transactions here, and I have sold tons on eBay (user lvlinux — 2300+ feedback) and some on Reddit r/WatchExchange (u/Saipphire).

Thank you !

Messages In This Thread

FS: Wittnauer 4000 Skin Diver 1st Exec Cal C11KS — Box/Bracele
Re: FS: Wittnauer 4000 Skin Diver C11KS -SOLD!!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE