The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1944 Omega 2179/5 "Civilian" 30T2SC

Hello everyone,

I am offering this beautifull ref. 2179/5 by Omega from 1944.

All original piece bar the mantatory reluming of the hands, done by a master of this craft.
35mm stainless steel case (without the crown) in great shape in my opinion, probably lightly polished in the past but still retains its sharp lines.
Original and seldom seen dial of this reference has patina and radium is intact on markers and numerals!
Original hour, minute and that characteristic blue sweep seconds hand.
Crystal without scratches, hits etc.
Caseback in excellent conditon as well.
Original crown has lost most of its plating as you can see but chose to leave it on the watch trying to keep it as original as possible.
Calibre 30T2SC was serviced on March of 2020 and keeps great time as expected.

Overall, if you are looking for a WWII era Omega, this is one of the nicest, well preserved 2179s I have personally seen.

Price is 1300€ shipped via UPS Express Worldwide and insured.
Payment through bank trasnfer, Paypal (please add fees if g&s).
Please contact me for more information, photos and to provide references, I am more than happy to help.

Thank you Jeff and CT!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE