|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces
Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]
I purchased this lovely ~1985 Datejust in early 2020 from the previous seller who had it serviced just prior to sale. I’ve greatly enjoyed it, and I really love the unique matte blue dial, but it’s time to sell to fund other purchases. Case and especially bracelet are in good condition for age. Timekeeping is excellent
• 36mm case; 20mm lug width
• 3035 movement
• Blue matte dial in excellent condition
• Surface scratches commensurate with age on the case and desk diving scratches on the clasp (see photos)
• Smooth domed bezel in good condition
• Stainless steel jubilee bracelet with very little stretch; can accommodate up to 8.5-inch wrist
• I recently timed at around -2 seconds/day, and have timed with similar results periodically during ownership.
• Crisp date changeover at midnight;
• No box/no papers. The previous seller told me his watchmaker fully disassembled the movement during service and confirmed that everything was both original and authentic, including bracelet and dial. I did replace the spring bars with new ones from Everest.
Price: $4,550 via PayPal F&F or Wire. Not interested in trades at this time. For inquiries feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org