The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Autavia 741.603 GMT

Hi everyone,

here for your consideration a super-rare and mint manual-wound Heuer Autavia 741.603 GMT from 1974, powered by the equally rare movement Valjoux 7741.
The Valjoux 7740 (and its GMT variant 7741) were produced only between 1974 and 1978 and were conceived as the manual (= cheap) version of the Heuer Cal.12 and Cal.14 (GMT variant), then dismissed due to the “quartz crisis”. However the V7740 and V7741 beat at higher speed (28800 vph, that is 4Hz, instead of 21600 vph, that is 3Hz) respect to the automatic Cal12/14.

The Autavia 741.603 GMT is the very last of the Autavia GMT’s in the mid-‘70s.

The watch has been serviced two years ago and keeps great time (I would say its performance is in COSC specification, see image below), everything works as it should.

The dial is just flawless as you can see from the images below, original tritium here, and still glows in the dark.

The case is unpolished and has only few minor signs of use here and there, which aren't visible or noticeable while wearing, the beveled edges are regular and fat, the sunburst still good. Reference number and serial number between the lugs are clearly engraved and readable.

Plexiglas is scratch-free.

The mint bezel rotates with a firm action and clear detents.

The watch is offered as seen in the first picture, that is with an original and mint black Corfam strap and as full set (NOS red checkered box, NOS blank warranty, cardboard hangtag). This is probably one of the best 741.603 GMT survived and available out there!

I will let the images speak:

Price is 15kEuro plus shipping (to be discussed apart given the value of the watch), face-to-face pickup is welcome in Northern Italy, feel free to ask for further details and images or info. I know is not cheap, but you will forget soon the price paid while you will appreciate forever its perfection.

I'm a collector, not a dealer, so I beg your pardon in advance if my images taken with my poor-man’s smartphone are not so good as the images you can find on Instagram or Internet from the well-known dealers, but I can ensure the watch is better seen in the metal rather than on these images.

Thanks to everyone and to Jeff/Chronotrader for this space.

Gianluca

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Autavia 741.603 GMT
Price reduction: Heuer Autavia 741.603 GMT
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE