The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1988 Omega Speedmaster 345.0808 - 2nd numbered edition *PIC*

This is my first post on the ChronoTrader forum but I'm a regular participant on the Omega Forum...my attempts to post multiple images haven't worked so please do contact me directly for more...

The first reference 345.0808 steel display back Speedmasters were produced between 1985 and 1988 with a copper-coloured 'luxury finish' 863 calibre movement. Two visual differences in this second numbered edition (produced between 1988 and 1990) are a switch to the yellow-plated 863 and inclusion of an 'A' in front of the engraved number on the display back bezel. The production run - like the first edition - is believed limited to 1,000 watches. The Extract shows this watch as produced in October 1988 and delivered to India.

I'm pricing this second numbered edition at USD8,500 / EUR8,100 which includes international insured shipping via Fedex or DHL (take your pick) and Secursus - and any assistance requested with the paperwork. As far as I can make out, this is the only example currently being offered (but please correct me...) I use Wise.com for all transactions so can also take the equivalent sum in any other major currency...

If anyone from CONUS is interested but has concerns re complications of the shipping process or potential additional costs, I can also arrange to ship through a 'trusted friend' OF member and watch collector in NYC - i.e. you will receive the watch via FedEx as if you purchased it from a US-domiciled seller...

I purchased this watch a couple of years ago from a fastidious and well-known Omega Forum member and it is in truly excellent condition - I've worn it maybe a dozen times over that period. It hasn't been serviced in my ownership but winds effortlessly and the chrono functions (start, stop, reset) work exactly as they should.

The dial, bezel and hesalite crystal are unblemished. The logo, all writing and sub-dial markings are crisp and clear. All lume is intact and has aged to a very even (and pleasant) light custard colour.

The case appears unpolished, the lugs are crisp and bevels show only a couple of very minor marks. All display back bezel writing is crisp and clear.

As an early example it's fitted with the super comfortable 1450 bracelet, but has 809 end links (which MO states were fitted to the ST 376.0822 'Holy Grail') rather than the expected 808s. Maybe these were fitted at the factory - who knows - but something to speculate on... The clasp has a few (almost imperceptible) marks from very limited desk-time...

Messages In This Thread

FS: 1988 Omega Speedmaster 345.0808 - 2nd numbered edition *PIC*
Re: FS: 1988 Omega Speedmaster 345.0808 - 2nd numbered editi
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE