The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Heuer Carrera 110.253 CDG - Unicorn?

Hi all

As previously covered, I’m a long time Heuer follower and refocusing my collection, so making available for purchase my Heuer Carrera 110.253, with Buren 12 movement.

This is a 1969-1978 Carrera 110.253 and very unusually a Brown dial - the Blue dial version is very rare (and one of Jack Heuer’s personal favourites) and this one is even more so - neither I nor any Heuer authorities I have consulted with have seen a Brown dial version before.

It has the same 110.253 dial finishing in cotes de geneve style - albeit in Brown rather than Blue, with deep brown dial luminous metallic finish (Cotes de Geneve), with vertical line dividing the dial into three areas; matching deep brown bezel and fourth execution hands (painted steel, with off-white edges and full-length lume). Some people have speculated that it could be a dial from a barrel case 110.573 although I haven’t found any evidence to support this and the dial is not exactly the same, the case rear is stamped 110.253 and the hands are also different to the barrel models. I acquired it many years ago from a respected member of the Heuer community that had a long standing relationship with Heuer and many ex—Heuer employees, which is where the watch originally came from.

We do know that Heuer back back in the 1970”s had something of a ‘parts bin’ approach to watch assembly and in any event this is just a wonderful looking and highly unusual if not unique Heuer Carrera so why not travel hopefully that it might be a one off or prototype - ie the ultimate - a Heuer Unicorn?

Please see some images via the attached link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb1o8rrsog2kp8q/Photo%2028-02-2023%2C%2015%2048%2040.jpg?dl=0

I am open to appropriate and reasonable offers so please email me directly as I prefer to discuss offline. The watch is in London, UK and can also be available in NYC, or shipped. I can also provide additional photographs and other information - and please no time wasters.

Thanks

GT

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE