The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: FABULOUS HEUER BUNDESWEHR FLYBACK CHRONO *PIC*

FS: FABULOUS HEUER BUNDESWEHR FLYBACK CHRONOGRAPH, 3H/T DIAL, VALJOUX 230 - A CLASSIC!!! (scans)

i'm quite sure i'll be kicking myself for doing this, but...i've got a simply AMAZING vintage heuer bundeswehr-issue flyback chronograph on offer. IMO this is best example of an issued piece (as opposed to NOS) that i've ever seen. and this is a real flieger chronograph, not something that the marketing department calls a "flieger". this design was created for, and issued by, germany's bundesluftwaffe in the '60s. imagine - some steely-eyed german F-104 Starfighter jockey probably wore this thing while doing NATO missions during the Cold War!

the most obvious feature is the dial, and this has what i call the "classic" dial layout combination: the "standard" heuer logo, the correct-font 3H symbol, and the small T symbol. take a look at the pics and you'll see what i mean. this one is amazing.

the next most obvious feature is the case, and this one is beyond reproach. there is very light scuffing, but it is very minor for a 30-year old military issued watch, with no nicks or dings. markings are all intact (pristine, in fact): "1550SG" between the lower lugs, "2" between the upper lugs, and "BUNDESWEHR 6645-12-146-3774" on the 4-screw caseback.

in addition, the acrylic crystal and bi-directional timing bezel are in excellent condition with only minor wear around the outer edge of the bezel and essentially no visible marks on the crystal at all!

finally, this watch features the legendary hand-wind valjoux 230 movement. based on the valjoux 23 movement, it features a column-wheel to coordinate the internal switching of the chronograph and the added flyback complication (hence the additional "0" in the valjoux nomenclature). per the previous owner, the movement was serviced within the last 2-3 years (when in the prior owners possession) at a non-trivial expense - in my experience it has solid timekeeping, losing about a minute a day. while a simple regulation would certainly improve the rate significantly, i personally find the rate just fine for a vintage issued military piece. the chronograph functions (start, stop, reset, flyback) all work perfectly.

bottom line: for a 30+ year old vintage military-issued piece, i would conservatively rate this piece as EXCELLENT - check out for yourself in the high-res images. watch comes as pictured, including a bund strap w/ proper bundeswehr markings and stainless stang buckle, a copy of the original bundeswehr servicing manual (in german), and an autographed (!) copy of my bundeswehr chronograph dial research project. asking $1495 shipped/insured in CONUS with 3-day inspection period (paypal & wire-transfer OK...trades considered, but cash preferred). don't miss this chance to add a classic heuer military issue chronograph to your collection! i have impeccable references on TZ/WN/WUS/EOT/MWR/SCF/ebay - furnished on request. take a look at the pictures and email if you have any questions.

thanks for looking!

walter

Messages In This Thread

FSOT: FABULOUS HEUER BUNDESWEHR FLYBACK CHRONO *PIC*
SOLD! thx N & CT *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE