The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: The oldest 1133B Transitional Monaco- a production prototype *PIC*

For Sale

Heuer Monaco 1133B “the oldest known” “Transitional” Caliber 11.

“The oldest known Monaco in a desirable rare dial configuration”.

Within the Heuer collecting community, this particular Monaco is the oldest known example of a non-Chronomatic dial Monaco.....and the fourth oldest serial known to survive.

Think about this; the earliest serial number Monaco in near production guise....that is, post the very short lived “Chronomatic” dial.

A “H E U E R Monaco Automatic” dialled transitional Monaco with mirror finish dial, correct flat steel hands and correct and original to this watch accessories.

In the Heuer collecting community, this is the fourth oldest Monaco serial number known, and the first Monaco known that features a non-Chronomatic dial; it’s signed simply “Heuer Monaco Automatic”, the precursor to the standard 1133B that made up the bulk of production.

Essentially a type of prototype Monaco, it’s a rare piece of Heuer history.

I bought it in the early days of Ebay, it came to me with another 1133B that was NOS and which I sold 12 months ago for what I understand to be near a record price. Now, this is important, because provenance and originality are key. It came from the estate of a motor racer who had two Monacos- one NOS unworn and unused watch, and this watch, which was worn by him when new. The family, from whom I secured the items, were loose with details, but I understood that the original owner was a racer of some importance and was given or had access to this desirable chrono when it was new.

The watch is all original, it has it’s original papers and swing-tag, the original and very rare correct early production style broad width vintage leather perforated racing strap that it came to me with, and of course the matching Heuer buckle featuring the correct small “sun” logo.

Also accompanying this rare piece, is a correct long NSA Heuer Monaco Mk1 steel bracelet with HEUER signed clasp, in it’s NSA manufacturer's box.

The OnTheDash Chronomatic/transitional serial number list of known Monaco follows:

1. 157 189 (Chronomatic -- "paintless"; hands replaced with brushed steel hands / Glen)
2. 157 200 (Chronomatic -- "paintless" / Jeff)
3. 157 224 (Chronomatic -- blue paint / To Be Announced)
4. 157 372 (Transitional / Stewart) – the Monaco I offer here
5. 157 480 (Transitional / Arno)
6. 157 541 (Chronomatic -- blue paint / Jasper)
7. 157 851 (Transitional / David)
8. 158 020 (Transitional -- hands have been replaced / Andy)
9. 158 042 (Transitional / Jeff)
10. 158 073 (Transitional / Ralf)

See:
http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=27673
and
http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/monaco-registry/4535871851

Now, it’s not cheap- but the rarest of anything super collectable never is. Consider what you’d have to pay if you had the opportunity to buy a prototype Rolex Daytona or prototype Omega Speedmaster........ I’ve priced it at the level of a PVD Monaco, although personally I think it’s a rarer and a more historic early Monaco than a PVD Monaco.

I’ve owned a PVD Monaco, and had nothing like the sheer magic of this rare piece.....which is why I held onto it!

No seal bleed, no dial discolouration, no blemishes- all orignal and nice. Any blemishes in my large pictures are from the original crystal- importantly not the dial.

This, in to me, is what the vintage Heuer collecting hobby is all about.

I’m really in two minds to sell.....so I offer it to the OTD fraternity first, for what I believe is a reasonable EURO10,000.

The folks within the Heuer Community who would know have recently confirmed with me........it is the oldest non-Chronomatic known.

Enough superlatives.....you make up your own mind.

If you’re a potential buyer I can supply more detailed pics; or email me, I love corresponding on Monacos.

Cheers

Stewart.
Adelaide, Australia.
rallyequipe@ozemail.com.au

Coming soon:
www.heuermonaco.com
the ultimate resource for Monaco originality

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE