The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Grand Seiko SBGR023, black dial, near perfect mint

Hi folks,

Not enough wrist time for this guy, as I think I would like to focus more on sport models.

I'm sure this Grand Seiko needs no further introduction. This is one of the holy grail of all the Grand Seiko range, known for its superior accuracy, but most importantly, its craftsmanship exhibited on this watch.

The dial of the watch is mysterious, as it shows black at most angles and lighting but it is actually extremely dark brown, that one can only tell in a specific lighting and angle. Every inner part of the watch, ie; the dial, the hands, and the hour markers are perfect to not only to the naked eye but even with a jeweller loupe at 10X, not a single mark, blemish, prints, scratch on them.

I have the good fortune of owning a few top brands from Swiss made origins and so far, the GS beat almost every other top brands in terms of its perfectionist state of its watch details such as the dial, hands and hour markers.

In dark lighting, because of how the hands' edges are bevelled, you can still read the time well. The slightly domed crystal attracts light at all possible angles to reflect lights on the hour markers as well. Making the faceted stainless hour markers appearing like diamonds, shiny. In fact, I have yet to see another shinier SS markers like on this watch. The edges of the crystal are bevelled as well, radiating a splash of iridescent light like a rainbow.

Overall, if you are looking for a champion in its league, this GS will definitely appeals and satisfy your lust for perfection.

Enough talking for now, here are some honest shots of the watch for your consideration:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The overall condition of the watch is near perfect mint, with minor scratches that a cape cod cloth will clean them up. There is a scratch at the back of one of the lugs that I have shown in one of my pictures. I would rate the watch at 95%.

All boxes, papers, stamped certificates (from Japan) are presented, and nothing is left out; the same set of items that you will get when you first bought it from an AD.

This watch is bought new in 2004, the first year of its released (as I was told) and the watch serial number is a very low number of "6", this is the first 6 watch ever made.

I am asking for a very reasonable price at USD 2,300. Wire payment preferred. I can be reached at reficul_x@yahoo.com

Thanks for viewing.

Messages In This Thread

FS: Grand Seiko SBGR023, black dial, near perfect mint
Sold! /nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE