The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FSOT: Heuer Montreal & Pasadena

Heuer Montreal (ref.750.503N)

This beautiful early 80s chrono has unfortunately seen very little use the last year,and I`ve decided to let it go.
The 750.503N was produced between 1977 and 1982,and runs a valjoux 7750 base movement.

The good:
-This watch has never been re-finished,and is in good original condition.
-Case is original and unpolished,without major dents or scratches.
-Dial and chrono/subdial hands are in very good clean original condition.
-Movement winds like it should,and maintains a very good power reserve.
-Chrono functions and resets like it should.

The bad:

(mech. issues should be easily sorted by having it serviced and adjusted.The commonplace 7750 is thankfully an easy and low-cost movement to service.)

-It runs a bit fast,up to 2 minutes pr.24 hrs.
(This could also be due to lack of regular use :?: )
-Date changes over at 1.30 instead of 12.
-The hour/minute hands and markers have some discolouration due to the poor quality of the original luminous material used.
- The mineral crystal has two faint,but visible scratches vertically across the seconds subdial.
- Bracelet could be aftermarket.Catalogue entries of the "no-name" Montreal only shows the flat link bracelet.
This one has a rounded links bracelet with an unsigned buckle,but since all of the 7750 Heuers came on unsigned bracelets,I`m not sure what to make of it.

Asking 900 £ (negotiable),fully insured & registered shipping included.

Heuer Pasadena (ref.750.501)

The Pasadena was produced from 1979-82,and runs a Valjoux 7750 movement.
This one is mechanically 100%.Keeps good time and maintains a better power reserve than any watch I`ve ever owned.
The chrono function runs and resets perfectly.
I had it serviced this summer by Nic Green at [url]http://www.heuerboy.com/home.htm[/url],the red chrono hand was re-painted,the crystal was replaced,and a full movement service was performed.

The Pasadenas are now rarely seen complete with their original unsigned bracelets,this one came to me on a black leather strap.
I got very lucky and managed to find a Heuer 510.501 bracelet for 200£.This is identical to the Pasadena bracelet except that it has a signed Heuer buckle,which IMO only adds to the watch.

The case is in very good condition,without any major dents or scratches,and the PVD has faded to a very nice greyish/charcoal tone.
Bracelet exhibits normal wear,but is in very good original condition.
The dial is totally clean and original,never re-finished.
Hands and markers have turned a beautiful,even cream colour.The chrono hand had faded to a bleak yellow,but has been re-painted in the original red colour.

Asking 900 £ (negotiable) for this.Fully insured & registered shipping included.

I would be very interested in a trade/part exchange with one or two of my listed Heuers for any of these:

- Rolex Submariner (5513/1680/16800).
- Tudor Submariner (blue dial).
- Auricoste Spirotechnique.
- Aquastar Benthos I
- Certina DS2 super PH500m.
- Certina DS3 super PH1000m.
- Doxa sub 300T/600T/750T.
- Helson SharkDiver.
- Deep blue Master.
- Zinex Trimix.
- Zinex Nitrox.

Thanks for looking :)
Marius

Messages In This Thread

FSOT: Heuer Montreal & Pasadena
Pasadena now OHPF.
Re: FSOT: Heuer Montreal & Pasadena
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE