The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage 1983 Heuer Regatta - Gray PVD - stunning condition!

Referred to as the "yachtsman's perfect companion", the Heuer Regatta was developed for competition sailing. The story is...it's difficult to keep a sailboat stationary at a starting line in the water, so yachtsmen must keep their boats circulating around the starting line without crossing it. 5 minutes before the race has officially begun, the starter will shoot a pistol or horn to indicate that the race will be commence in exactly 5 minutes. Heuer (Lemania) created a watch movement to track those 5 minutes and they achieved it in such a way that it is clearly visible on your wrist. A button at the 2:00 position is pressed and 5 large circles on the face turn blue. Each circle represents a minute of lapsed time and once all 5 circles have turned to orange, 5 minutes has expired and the race has begun (another 5 minutes later, the circles turn back to the face color).

This 1983 Heuer is really pretty unique, and almost ahead of its time. It is rather large (42mm without the crown and 15mm thick) and came in 3 shades of PVD…black, olive and gray. Mine is gray, which is my favorite version. It’s rare that they surface and when they do, they are rarely in such incredible condition (the PVD is often worn or heavily scratched). I believe the original sticker is still on the caseback as it is pristine underneath. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves…

Original Heuer Ad…

Asking $2,500 including insured overnight shipping and Paypal. Wire is also ok as is local cash pick up in the Los Angeles area. I’m a long time member of TZ and many other watch forums and can provide references upon request. E-mail if interested: dscraig1@aol.com

Thanks!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE