The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Rare Vintage Omega ref. 145.019 Seamaster “Soccer Timer"

Since re-acquiring a Speedy Mk II racing, this stunner is not getting the wrist time anymore and so off to an appreciative new owner it must go!

Up for sale is this super rare late 1960s Omega ref. 145.019 Seamaster “Soccer Timer” chronograph with original gray Tritium dial featuring red/black subregisters, high contrast orange hands and ultra-desirable inner rotating Roulette dual time zone bezel. It was originally believed that these chronos were manufactured for use in yachting regattas but now the accepted wisdom is that they were designed for soccer trainers/referees with the addition to the minute register of a figure for 45 minutes, the length of a football half. Either way, it is an awesome looking watch and definitely not one you are likley to see on anyone else's wrist, as it had a very short production run.

This rare Seamaster is in overall Excellent all-original vintage condition and features a sharp case with original chamfers. It also comes on the hard-to-find and correct 1117 bracelet, which Omega no longer manufactures and costs a small fortune in its own right on the secondary market. For the heck of it, I am also including a new OEM replacement crystal as part of the sale of this fantastic chrono.

The asking price for this very rare Vintage Omega Seamaster "Soccer Timer" with original dial and Roulette inner bezel is $4,250 USD, including fully insured worldwide shipping. Bank Wire only on this transaction. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting.

Click Here for Large Dial Scan>>> http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/tomvox1/OmegaSoccerRoulette/OmegaSoccerRoulette-Master.jpg

CASE: Large but ergonomic 40 x 47mm stainless steel tonneau case (pretty much the same case as the big Chronostop with inner rotating bezel, I think) appears not to have ever been buffed but rather smoothed by age, as it still shows it’s original radial finish, though obviously not as sharply as when new. The chamfers are very crisp and defined, so I don’t feel the case has ever really been polished at all. This big Seamaster shows some scratches and a couple of small dings commensurate with 40+ years of use. Overall, I rate it as Excellent unpolished vintage condition.

CASEBACK: The outer caseback has plenty of minor scratches and one or two minor tool marks. For whatever reason, these particular Seamaster chronos do not come with any Hippocampus or the other normally seen Omega nomenclature/engraving. Externally, Very Good cosmetic condition. The inner caseback has some spots of corrosion to the lip. It is otherwise pristine and all correct original Omega nomenclature of the period is present, including the correct and rare reference number.

DIAL & HANDS: Original Omega Tritium dial in the most desirable color scheme of gray with red/black subregisters specially calibrated to easily read 45 minute intervals shows some aging to the lume and some minor marks to the surface--Excellent unrestored vintage condition. All-correct fluorescent orange hour and minute hands are also Excellent with some signs of age and are likewise original Tritium, which has turned virtually black. The white sweep seconds chronograph hands shows some graying from age and the constant seconds has faded to a lovely light orange tone. Simply a massively pleasing and classic original Omega Seamaster “Soccer Timer” layout!

BEZEL: Scarce and beautiful multicolor inner rotating Roulette bezel for the calculation of multiple time zones in both 12 and 24-hour time on the face of the watch. It is easily Near Mint and rotates firmly and smoothly within the case in both directions. This is generally considered THE bezel to have by Omega connoisseurs.

CROWNS & PUSHERS: Signed Omega winding crown & opposite bezel rotating crown and original pushers are Excellent cosmetically. The large winding crown winds and pulls out to the time-setting position as it should. The top pusher stops and starts the chronograph as it should and the bottom pusher resets all chrono registers precisely to zero as designed. The bezel crown also rotates the inner bezel bidirectionally exactly as it should.

CRYSTAL: Large acrylic crystal with the small Omega symbol in the center is Excellent although it has been polished through the years and has a somewhat uneven surface. No chips or deep scratches whatsoever, though. However, I am including a brand new sealed OEM crystal correct for this model as part of the sale.

MOVEMENT: Legendary Omega cal. 861 chronograph movement with a 29 million serial number (ca. 1969) looking very bright and pristine. While it was sold to me last year as being recently serviced, my watchmaker did not do the work and so I cannot guarantee that it will not need service in future. However, all chronograph and time-keeping functions operate properly, with crisp start/stop and reset of the chrono hands, and this manual wind Speedy is keeping good time with a strong power reserve. Guaranteed to be operating properly at the time of shipment.

BRACELET: Early issue and very scarce ref. 1117 bracelet with 549 ends and original raised-logo Omega buckle. The bracelet has no significant stretch and also looks unpolished with only very minor marks from wear, Excellent condition. The buckle shows a bit more wear and tear with some more significant scratches and so I rate it as more like Very Good. The bracelet fits my 7.25-7.5” wrist very comfortably at the second to last adjustment so I would guess that it might accommodate up to a 7.75” wrist.

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form due to its age and the dodgy water resistance of most vintage chronos in general.

This great Vintage Omega Seamaster “Soccer Timer” is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer. This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Messages In This Thread

FS: Rare Vintage Omega ref. 145.019 Seamaster “Soccer Timer"
Now REDUCED to *$4050 USD OBRO*. Best, T. nt
ON HOLD. Best, T. nt
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE