The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Vintage Heuer Pilot Chrono

It breaks my heart to see another one go, but I'm trying (not very successfully) to focus my collection... I dug it out to check measurements, so I'm wearing it now & it's a tough decision...

Heuer Pilot 230.006 c1980-85 Beautiful silver dial version.

These really are hard to find compared to the TAG signed versions. Once again - have a quick google around :)

This has the 'super quartz' movement, a quartz module married to a DD2000 mechanical chronograph, it ticks every 1/2 second. It was a favourite of Chuck Maddox, so can't be half bad!

It's in fantastic condition, a few marks on the polished part of the bracelet (that'll polish out if you have the time). The glass has some minor scratches on it, I presume a new one can be sourced, as this model carried on into the TAG Heuer line up, so parts should be easier to source. The bracelet isn't massive, it'll fit a 7 1/4 in wrist, although spare links do crop up from time to time on the bay for £20 ish - I missed out on a couple the other day, forgot to bid.. grrr. It's bezel is a few hundredths under 43mm.
No B&P or service history. (Comes in a TAG Heuer service box - the posh cardboard with interior padding type) The case is in great condition, a few tiny dinks, the dial & hands are in superb condition, the hour markers have a lovely creamy hue to them.

Oh, it has a stepped glass, in case you wonder why some of the dial details look 'doubled' up/distorted.

There is more info/history/links to Chucks research/other stuff etc on this actual watch on my blog here: http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/heuer-pilot-230-006/

This one used to belong to a US army pilot (allegedly). One thing of note about this watch, is that it is unbelievably comfortable, for a big watch. I don't want to use the cliche - but it wears smaller than it looks. The integral bracelet is really well balanced and the watch head itself isn't really thick (12mm), it has a lot of wrist presence too - it looks the business 8)

Looking for a very reasonable £750. Inc. Delivery to US/Canada/UK/EU

Thanks for looking
Cheers
Stewart

Messages In This Thread

FS: Vintage Heuer Pilot Chrono
SOLD Vintage Heuer Pilot Chrono
Re: FS: Vintage Heuer Pilot Chrono
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE