The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

Re: Several Marathon SAR resources

: Dell

I took the plunge and bought a SAR's, an old spec version as i prefered the look.......Wow, what a beast. Its a great watch and i'm very pleased with it. Its built like a tank, very industrial looking but functional. I have had it for about 2 weeks now and hasn't been off my wrist much. It heavy even compared with my Planet Ocean, but that adds to the attraction for me. The bracelet is well made and i also got a webbing type strap with it, which will be put on when i next take my Eskimo canoe out in January to complete the upper Dart on Dartmoor, a nice grade 4 with some great drops when the water is up, its tight twisty and constant.....great fun.
At present i have a CWC for my canoeing, but i think this will be retired now in favour of the SAR's.
It keeps excellent time, +2 per day, and the steel hasn't marked yet although my day job is mainly desk bound, rebuilding motorcycles in the evening hasn't had an effect on the brushed finish yet.
Overall its a very pleasing purchase from my point of view.
Best Regards
Bryan

W/in the last 2 weeks, I heard that there were
: one apiece of the May 2005 contract at each
: of the following: www.gr8gear.com
: www.westcoastime.com

: The October 2005 contract watches just came out
: w/in the past few days, and you can see them
: on the County Comm Government Products Group
: site. Price point appears to be the same
: ($675), w/ the major difference being
: numbers on the dial, Tritium vial
: illumination, and no cyclops magnifier
: option for the date.

: All old option information remains available.
: Another good reference is
: www.broadarrow.net/

: If you bite the bullet on this, let me know
: what you think. I opted for the Omega
: 2254.50 to serve as my "tool
: watch" so my 2531.80 could be kept for
: more special occasions. But I'm still not
: sure if I'll stick w/ this when summer comes
: and the kayak is pressed back into service
: after we make it through another Michigan
: winter!

Messages In This Thread

WTB: MARATHON SAR
Several Marathon SAR resources *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE