The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: 1960s Jaeger-LeCoultre cal. K825 Automatic JUMBO SS MEMOVOX

Up for sale is this beautiful and hard to find 1960s Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox Date with the famed in-house bumper automatic caliber K825 in ultra-desirable Jumbo 37mm water resistant steel case. These large steel case Memovox’s have become quite scarce and are generally thought to have been sold exclusively in the European market. This example has a correctly signed JLC movement and a case in terrific shape. Overall, this striking stainless steel Memovox is easily in Excellent+ vintage condition with all functions working as they should, a nice loud & accurate alarm and a beautiful Near Mint dial and turntable disc. This Memovox is such an absolute design classic that JLC still makes a virtual clone of it to this day.

The asking price for this stunning 1960s Memovox is $2750 USD including fully insured worldwide shipping. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS. Bank Wire preferred. Paypal instant transfer is also OK with split fees (+2% from the buyer) unless by eCheck or Gift. Other payment options upon application.

Click Here for Large Dial Scan>>> http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/tomvox1/JLC825JumboMemo/JLC825JumboMemo-Master.jpg

CASE & BACK: Large 45mm long x 37mm wide x 11mm tall stainless case with water resistant-style screwed ring-lock back and elegant tapered lugs. Case shows very little if any polish and the sides appear to show their original factory satin finish. There are very few marks from wear and so I have to say the case is in Near Mint vintage condition. The external caseback does show a bit of polish and a few small scratches but is still Excellent externally and correctly marked “Memovox” with a slightly worn case serial of 838,k. The retaining ring screws down tightly and holds the back in place tightly and the inner caseback is corrosion-free and engraved “LeCoultre” and correctly marked for stainless steel. This is a dress watch that is still substantial even by today’s wacky standards and has loads of wrist presence.

DIAL & HANDS: Beautiful and Near Mint silver-white dial with applied elongated and faceted bar markers (three bars at 6 & 9), aperture for the date and inner rotating Memovox alarm turntable with correct non-luminous printed arrow only. I am pretty certain that the dial has been relumed, as the dots are quite green, although that could also just be due to the period of manufacture. But I am not quite sure whether the printing itself has been re-done. As can bee seen in the pictures, it seems quite factory precise in nature right down to the “T SWISS T” beneath “6”. So I confess to being unsure but the watch certainly wears beautifully on the wrist and if it has been reprinted it has been done by an absolute professional. Elegant “sword”-style luminous hands and baton sweep seconds are Excellent. Simply a timelessly beautiful JLC layout!

CROWNS: Both original JL-signed crowns are present: at “4” for setting the time and at “2” for winding the alarm and setting the alarm disc. This is quite rare, as these crowns have often been replaced through the years with unsigned versions. Both crowns pull out to their function positions and operate as they should. They show a bit of cosmetic wear and so are Very Good.

CRYSTAL: Domed acrylic crystal with only the most minor marks from wear, easily Excellent to Near Mint.

MOVEMENT: Legendary JLC caliber K825 bumper automatic-winding movement with manual wind alarm function and date. The alarm disc is perfectly aligned to the time and the calendar rolls over when it should. The date is semi-quickset meaning it can be set rapidly by repeatedly moving the hands back and forth between approximately 9:30 PM and Midnight. As one would expect form a JLC, the watch is keeping very good time and the alarm sounds accurately, loud and long. This movement has a 1.9 million serial number and is correctly marked for a European model on the rotor, "Jaeger-Lecoultre". While I do not know the service history of this great watch and so cannot guarantee that it will not need service in future, I do guarantee it to be functioning properly at the time of shipment.

STRAP: This great Memovox comes on a virtually new handmade Italian brown genuine alligator strap with generic stainless buckle. This watch takes 18mm straps.

I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form.

This great Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE