The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Mareographe Update....
In Response To: FS: Heuer Mareographe... ()

Because I have had numerous questions about the Mareographe and 3 full price offers plus 1 offer well over the asking price, I think its only fair to 1) add some more pics to cover all of the physical questions so far and 2) ask for new bids based on this updated info:

The dial (most questions), I removed the movement so a clear pic of the dial could be posted. There is a small scratch between 4 and 5. Also there is some fading around the raised chrome hour markers and right at the outside edges of the sub registers. Also, the hands need to be polished and relumed (I will do this if the new owner requests it).

The case and ref/serial numbers - there are lots of small scratches and dings on the case. It is as I received it and unpolished.
There is no engraving on the back of the case - original or otherwise. Numbers are there between the lugs. The bezel is way above average because I bought a complete minty Autavia with the same case last year with this MUCH better exact same bezel, swapped them and then resold the Autavia.

Movement and case signatures.

That covers all of the questions so far. Please submit your offer(s) to my email address. I will not share your offer with anyone else. I want to make this a fair sale and will make a decision hopefully by tomorrow as to who the new owner will be. Thanks, Craig

PREVIOUS:

: For Sale - Heuer Mareographe with the original bracelet. I have had
: this one in my collection for about 6 years now. I serviced it
: when I got it and replaced the crystal. The case has not been
: polished. The bezel is way above average - hard to find on any
: of these cases regardless of the reference. $3950.00 OBO.
: Personal checks OK from the US buyers, outside the US - bank
: wire transfers only. NO PAYPAL. Free insured shipping in the US.
: Outside the US - insured Fedex only at $60.00. I am well known
: on the Heuer forum and sell as chronodeco and aerochrono on ebay
: as references. More pics available upon requests. Thanks for
: looking, Craig

:
:
:
:
:
: [imghttp://www.deadzoom.com/users/chronodeco/Mareographe_2.JPG]"
: border="0" alt="">
:
:
:
:
:
:

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Mareographe...
FS: Heuer Mareographe Update....
SOLD Heuer Mareographe Update....
you've got mail.. *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE