The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: UK military issued Omega Seamaster 300 from 1968

For sale my Royal Navy issued Omega Seamaster 300.

Watch has a big triangle dial, T marked dial, fixed strap bars and full UK MOD (Ministry of Defence) engraving present on the case back.

Watch is a completely genuine military issued piece, and comes with an Omega “extract from records” stating “military divers watch” and confirms the manufacture year as 1968. I guarantee the piece is as above. Watch was bought from a UK dealer who is one of the best known military watch collectors in the world.
These were issued to Royal Navy clearance divers, Royal Marines, SBS and SAS.
Markings on the back are Royal Navy (0552) but quite often these watches were issued across the services. Markings are in very good condition, you can clearly see the different engraving types, the A/ was added later to signify the watch was MOD modified with a screw down crown due to the previous naiad crowns leaking.

Keeps great time, works as it should, no issues however I do not know when it was serviced.

As you can see the watch is no safe queen, definitely seen some action.

These are still a bit of a bargain, an issued Rolex Submariner of similar age and condition would be around £55,000GBP

Numerous scratches on the case, dial and hands show their age, looks like moisture ingress at some point. The marks around the dial are lacquer bubbling, the paint underneath is fine.
Bezel also shows some degrading around the edge, however the watch looks great on the wrist, as usual the camera picks up more than your eye.
All the above will get no worse as long as you keep the piece out of seawater. You could however certainly dive with it once serviced and pressure tested if you chose to do so.

Scans below show the watch with 2 X separate sets of hands, the yellow set are original to the watch, other set (also tritium) are a closer colour match to the dial. I have seen several of these BT watches from the same era , both military and civilian and one of the quirks seems to be that the dial and hand tritium quite often seems to be mismatched, dial is always green, hands mustard. Anyway, buyers choice of hands, pick a set.

I’m looking for £6500GBP for this pretty rare watch, if you are looking for one of these you will be aware there are others out these for sale, many cheaper than this, however none with BT dial, T dial, correct markings, and such foolproof provenance. Price included fully insured shipping anywhere in the world (with 1 or 2 exceptions)

Payment by bank transfer only please in GBP.

I have lots of feedback from various worldwide deals and forums, you should have the same. Preference will be given to UK deals.

Returns accepted if not as described within 3 days of delivery

PM me or email me at colin.gillies@talktalk.net

Messages In This Thread

FS: UK military issued Omega Seamaster 300 from 1968
Watch is on hold pending funds *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE