The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Carrera Lemania 5100 Pvd... *PIC*

Hey, I would like to sell my Watch...

tho to be brutally honest...I don't...thou I am selling my business and other extraneous 'stuff' to buy a boat, and unfortunately my beloved watch is on the hit list...I've had it since 1993 and it was by far the most loved piece of jewellery I have owned...(Ps I am female so that says ALOT!! ...and from now on will be wearing something that floats, it sounds sad to be selling my dads watch tho he is still around and is wise enough to class most everything material as ''it's just 'stuff' '' :))

There are various incarnations of this watch, tho having spent the last week researching mine looks exactly like Chuck Maddox's, it is stamped on the watch back in exactly the same place with the same script, to the same indentation depth...510.511....

The wear on my watch is similar also, it has a patina of something built mid to late 70's (this watch has had 2 Owners, My father being one of them, he was given it in 77/78 he couldn't rightly remember! I can tell you the full story!) the case itself has little wear to the pvd with a slight shine to the very, very edge (sharp edge of the case) with the crown itself showing slightly more as that obviously sticks out further, along with some silvering of the chrono push buttons...tho on the other photos of Chucks watch the crown appears to be particulary silvered mine is not. I have to say tho my strap looks to be a slightly better fit (at the case edges) than the photos of the watch Chuck has, and the case itself has no knicks or grazes as Chuck's appears to have on the left of the case....however the strap on mine has a lot more wear to the pvd coating on the leading edges of the individual strap links ie wear where you would expect wear to be, and the plexi is more scratched and has 3 very small cracks at the very edge where it attaches to the case itself, tho they are very hard to see and extend only about .5 mm into the upper shoulder of the glass.

I do not have the box or papers, that would be nice tho unrealistic ;D...shame tho!!...tho' this is definitely a vintage heuer as I have had it appraised before, and have known it's full life.

The reasons for me to look up this site and try and sell it here are that, I would rather the new Owner would keep it in it's original condition as it has the correct patina, I prefer things to look as tho Steve McQueen owned it and threw it round a track, rather than it have sat in a box on a shelf for the last 40 years!! (and this watch has been raced around a few tracks) and secondly as I do not have a great love for Ebay.

I have spoken to a few dealers and most say they would recoat it and restore it...which I think destroys some of the character rather. I have posted a photo of Chuck's watch as a reference (as to be frank have other things to be busy with) and If geniune interest is shown will gladly email large jpeg photos of my watch to relevent parties.

Please phone me if you are interested in purchasing this watch, I would like about £1400 as I have spoken to a couple of Heuer dealers on the phone and restored they say about £2.5-3k as they don't come up for sale very often, as when people own them they keep them and wear them!! Without sounding too annoying I could tell they were interested, and they advised that for a service, plexi and pvd recoat with tag is about £700-£1000, and for a service and a glass about £500. Tho you probably have a better idea of prices than me! If that is the new owners wish then so be it tho I wouldn't want to do that to the watch myself.

I apologise for the verbose advert tho have tried to be as honest as possible with those interested.

This Watch is in London, England. I am will keep an eye on this page as well as my emails for further interested parties.

Many thanks!

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Carrera Lemania 5100 Pvd... *PIC*
Email sent ;-) *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE