The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Heuer Montreal 750.503N Convex case '77-'81

Heuer Montreal 750.503N Convex, Valjoux 7750, c1977-81 (Likely to be at the early end of this window as it has the name on the dial)

I'm still (I know I know) trying to slim the herd, but I keep buying other Heuers. It's a disease.
I love this watch, but I simply don't wear it, so I've decided to let someone else enjoy it.

These Montreals (& Pasadenas) are a bit of a nightmare when looking into them, in short, this is a rarer example, which has the convex sunburst case, with 'named dial' - ie Montreal written on the dial with the thicker Heuer sheild and Chronograph without the 'e' (Chronographe), it looks the business. It also has the day + date, IMHO the best one there is barring the never ever seen blue dial variant which is stupidly rare (& expensive). I've only ever seen one or two in this exact configuration.

It comes on a brand new custom aftermarket solid link SS bracelet (Hadley Roma, not a cheap one), I painstakingly filed the lug ends down to give the traditional stepped-in look (22mm bracelet filed down 1 mm each side so it has 20mm ends) - and it suits it well, perfectly balances on the wrist - I actually prefer it to the original folded bracelets (heresy I know). The dial lume has the most amazing patina, (doesn't glow any more), and the central orange chrono hand has faded to a khaki green/grey look , which is the coolest I've seen, looks very mil-esk.

The sunburst case has been re-lapped prior to me having it, it's a superb job with sharp edges job, but not perfect, the sunburst isn't bang on straight, but you can't really notice it (I mean that). The case sides are perfectly mirror polished. I have no idea of service history, it was keeping excellent time when I checked it in May, but I haven't really worn it since. The chrono & date functions all work as the should. No B&P. It has recently had a new glass & gasket.

Please have a good look at the photos to see the amazing condition of this tool Heuer.

Looking for £1200 ono inc. del. Knock £50 off if you don't want the bracelet.

More info on this actual watch with background reading on my blog here:
[url]https://heuerville.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/heuer-montreal-750-503n-convex-case/[/url]

Cheers
Stewart

Messages In This Thread

FS: Heuer Montreal 750.503N Convex case '77-'81
FS: Heuer Montreal 750.503N Reduced
SOLD. Heuer Montreal 750.503N *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE