The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: »»»»»»»»»RXW««««««««««

The watch is virtually new (~98% - I’ve only used it gently for 1 week).

BOX

box

Amazing presentation box, made of exotic African wood: “zebra wood”, covered with a layer of highly polished fibreglass which gives a very distinctive and classy look.

WATCH

set

This watch is built with very high quality, from the finish of the case (brushed satin finished case with glossy/polished bezel), to the strap(s) and buckle or the movement (column wheel chronograph with superb finish and great accuracy)…its got it all at a fraction of the price tag of the “big brands”.

The complete set includes the watch, two leather straps (one very supple tan w/ with stitching – 90% and one black w/ black stitching – 100% - never used – ), the extra (original) back cover and inner antimagnetic protective shield (the watch comes fitted with an optional display back), a British made SELVYT cleaning/polishing cloth and a screwdriver for strap changing.

The case is 41x41mm w/out crown at the widest point (45mm with crown), 35x35mm at narrowest points and 50mm lug to lug ends.

wrist

back

The movement inside is a very beautifully finished manual wind column wheel chrono – RXW ref – VS1962.

This movement, just as it is, out of the shelf, performs close to COSC!....I’ve timed it for 1 week and I got a average of +9 sec/day!

The crown is screw down and also the pushers. This watch has a 100m water resistance, but I’ve not tested that ;-P …

glow

Regarding legibility, it is awesome. In the night time it really outrival any other watch that I’ve ever owned…I mean, when the Luminova plate under the dial is charged it GLOWS like a torch…but, after 3~4 hours when the luminova stuff starts to fade away, the H3 tritium gas bulbs take over…I mean, when I wake up during the night this watch looks like a beacon light!..or when you go to the movies or have to be/work in a very low light condition…this is just perfect!

The watch comes with 1 years warranty, from Ken Trading / RXW and has the dated warranty card included in the package till Feb.2007.

This one was bought on early February and appears to be one of the new batch (already sold out too! I reckon), due to com on the market in late March. It has some different features from the 1st batch : the central chrono hand has no luminous dot (much better looking IMHO) and on the bottom of the dial – at 6 - has “swiss designed” lettering.

I’ve had a great number of inquiries but still have nobody committed to buy. If it doesn’t sell this weekend, I’ll keep it!

I prefer a sale within Europe and I’m looking for 900,00 Euro in Europe or US1100,00 to USA, both prices include shipping expenses.

*I don’t accept PayPal

If there’s any questions, pls feel free to ask

Thank You

Regards

F.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE