The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: OT: Vintage Persol Steve McQueen Ratti vintage glasses

Hi moderators, hoping I might slip this one in given the McQueen link.....cheers!

Vintage Persol 649 (Steve McQueen model) in as new condition.

If you like Heuers, Porsches and Steve McQueen then you need a set of his frames- the classic vintage Persol 649.

Here's a NOS pair of vintage Persol McQueens from my collection.

classic Italian manufacture
vintage 60's/70's
NOS
Correct Persol case and tag
This frame's golden/black tortoiseshell coloring is the best IMO
still have gold Persol lens sticker and note correct Persol engraved glass lenses (glass lenses are VERY rare these days as all are made with plastic)
signed "137 80 PERSOL ITALY" and PERSOL 649/2 52/20. As built in the pre-Luxottica conglomerate times by Ratti. Not signed RATTI as some weren't but vintage I am sure with these signed lenses and period accessories.
sold as they came to me, unworn

Look at the condition, pictures speak a thousand words. As new.

I've tightened this screw......:

Measure:
arm's length, temple to ear end: 140mm
width of frame: 140mm
height: 48mm
I would call these a medium+ size, so perfect for a male or female with a small to medium sized features.

Asking $A300 and worth this all day long given a new pair is $A450 for the inferior newly manufactured piece.

Bank transfer or Paypal + fees OK and shipping will be at cost- if O/seas allow $20 shipped with international EMS at cost or slightly more via Fedex. Within Australia I'll use a Platinum Post envelope. Overseas shipping will be insured and at buyers risk.

email for more info or questions:

heuermonaco**@**hotmail.com (remove the two sets of **)

Cheers - & thanks to the moderators.....!

Stewart
Adelaide, Australia

Messages In This Thread

FS: OT: Vintage Persol Steve McQueen Ratti vintage glasses
Re: FS: OT: Vintage Persol Steve McQueen Ratti vintage glass
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE